The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Track System Power Tools and Dust Collection

Old 03-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
Mystery not solved? Your one saw not just missing the loose grill? Oh well, like I said no big deal, just cover it up.

Mike
Well, I suppose you're right, mystery solved in that there must just be two different versions of the saw out there, ie: Version 1.0 and 1.1.

Mike, does your saw with the open window and insert have a serial #? My two saws with the integrated grill have serial #'s, but the saw with the open window has a blank space where there should be a serial #.

Burt, you have 3 of these saws, which version do you have?

Actually, I prefer to have that window as open as possible. I really don't like plastic because it tends to get clouded over time. I was thinking of getting in there with a Dremel and grinding away the grill so I can get a better view of the cutting line when cutting free-hand.
Best,
Tom
Old 03-05-2012, 04:33 PM

Tom,

Great review. Now I really want one... Where can I find a parts list/supplier?

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models

Last edited by Dik Harrison; 03-05-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Tom,

I've got 3 of thye snapins.

Burt
Old 03-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dik Harrison View Post
Tom,

Great review. Now I really want one... Where can I find a parts list/supplier?
Hi there Dik!

Parts and service are provided directly through Hilti USA.

Parts diagram is found here: http://www.us.hilti.com/fstore/holus...ng/WSC267E.pdf

These saws seem to come up with decent frequency on e-Bay. I purchased three of these saws in a two week time span. One saw was in good shape for $200. Another saw was in great shape but with a broken plate for $150 (+$98 for new base plate) and finally a saw in nearly mint condition with a case for $250, to give you some idea of price ranges. Burt will know more precisely, but I believe these saws retailed for between $300-$375 new.

This model saw was discontinued in North America several years ago. However, it is still sold in Europe as a 110v tool as the WSC-265KE. Without actually holding one, it appears the biggest difference is that I think the WSC-265KE also has a riving knife, though I'm not certain. Some Hilti saws available overseas (I believe the model numbers refers to cutting depth in MM):http://www.hilti.com/holcom/page/mod...f?nodeId=-9742

So, even though the saw has been discontinued in North America, it looks like there still may be options for procuring new tools and parts from overseas, should the need arise.....

I hope this helps!
Best,
Tom
Old 03-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Thanks Tom, I might be interested in one with a broken base.

Dik Harrison

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Dik, there is one on Ebay now with a broken plate
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM

That is the one, but haven't gotten an answer as to what else is wrong.

Dik Harrison

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Banned

If it is the one I looked at the other night (why can't these be left bladed), it has some blade mounting issue (thought missing bolt or something). But I am not sure if these are tool less, or what for blade changing.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:23 AM

Dik:

I bought that saw about a month ago but sent it back for a refund right after I opened the box. It came from a pawn shop. It is in a very bad condition. The base plate was broken. Blade cannot be locked. After tighten nuts, blade can still rotate. I suspected that some parts may be missing. I tried turning it on, motor runs but its sound like something is loose. After I sent it back for a refund he reposted it as defective or for parts.

Hope this help.

Supote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicyguy2005 View Post
Dik:

I bought that saw about a month ago but sent it back for a refund right after I opened the box. It came from a pawn shop. It is in a very bad condition. The base plate was broken. Blade cannot be locked. After tighten nuts, blade can still rotate. I suspected that some parts may be missing. I tried turning it on, motor runs but its sound like something is loose. After I sent it back for a refund he reposted it as defective or for parts.

Hope this help.

Supote
Supote,

Do you remember what blade you trying to put on the Hilti? Some of the earlier models would not work with a thin kerf blade unless you added a washer or ground the end of the arbor screw a bit. A lot of people warned me about that when I bought mine but I have never had that problem.

Burt