The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Track System Power Tools and Dust Collection

Old 11-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
Hi All,

I see that web site is updated to show some pre-Black Friday sales. I had a question about my order and have been trying to call them. The toll free number gives a fast busy signal and the office number has been disconnected. Does anyone have the scoop on what is going on? The web site does not mention anything about phones being down.

thanks,
Jim
Hi Jim.
Problems with the phone lines in the area.
In top of this...the auto-reply from the phone company.
sounds like we don't pay the bill?
Old 11-18-2016, 09:23 PM

Dino,

I hate to bother you, but since I cant get through on phone lines or email, can you please answer these questions for me before I place my order?

I dont have an EZ one table YET, but am considering the purchase of the Mulltiform table top kit. When I get the EZ one table later can I just use the plastic inserts included with the multiform table top kit with the sacrificial wood in my EZ one, or would I also need to purchase the EZ one table top kit to use the kit on my EZ one?

I guess what I am trying to say is Is the multiform table top kit the SAME THING as the EZ one table top kit only with added hardware to secure it to a plywood table?

Also, I have seen it written that the frame for the clamping table is the same as the frame for the EZ one. However when looking at the instructions the lengths of the side rails are a little bit different. If I just get the clamping table top, can that be used on my future EZ one frame? I have to save room in my work area, but how much work is it to change to the EZ one to the clamping table and back? (if this can even be done because of the dimensions)

thank you so much.
Jim
Old 11-19-2016, 04:21 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Dino,

I hate to bother you, but since I cant get through on phone lines or email, can you please answer these questions for me before I place my order?

I dont have an EZ one table YET, but am considering the purchase of the Mulltiform table top kit. When I get the EZ one table later can I just use the plastic inserts included with the multiform table top kit with the sacrificial wood in my EZ one, or would I also need to purchase the EZ one table top kit to use the kit on my EZ one?

I guess what I am trying to say is Is the multiform table top kit the SAME THING as the EZ one table top kit only with added hardware to secure it to a plywood table?

Also, I have seen it written that the frame for the clamping table is the same as the frame for the EZ one. However when looking at the instructions the lengths of the side rails are a little bit different. If I just get the clamping table top, can that be used on my future EZ one frame? I have to save room in my work area, but how much work is it to change to the EZ one to the clamping table and back? (if this can even be done because of the dimensions)

thank you so much.
Jim
Jim,
I'm sure that the plastic extrusion fits in all ez extrusions.
The clamping table...we need to wait until Monday to make sure that I can give you the correct answer. If I was you...( not my design)
But you can always make it to fit?
We will extend the special due to the phone problem.
The prices are blow-out prices.
Thanks
Old 11-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Hi All,

I see that web site is updated to show some pre-Black Friday sales. I had a question about my order and have been trying to call them. The toll free number gives a fast busy signal and the office number has been disconnected. Does anyone have the scoop on what is going on? The web site does not mention anything about phones being down.

thanks,
Jim
James.
There is a notice about the phone service been out until...(no clue)
They'are working on the line today.

thanks
Old 11-19-2016, 02:57 PM

Uh Oh! That limits ordering of the traditional Thanksgiving woodworking gifts. Well, I'm trying to start the tradition.

As always, thinks for all you do Dino!!!
Old 11-19-2016, 04:00 PM

Default This is part of the change

Quote:
Dino,

thank you so much.
Jim

Jim: I made mention of one of the EZ team goals was "open architecture" and that term sparked a flurry of comments. I stated before that the term OA means different things to different generations. Your observation is a good example of what my understanding is about. As I understand it OA is to bring the many parts of the product line into conformity. Not saying that it will but my understanding is things like making the EZ1, Multi form, clamping table, all conformed to the same size and interchangeability all like a big set of mix it up as needed, tools. I personally think the goal is genius! Owners get a double dip for the price of one sort of deal. Imagine buying an EZ1 and for a small investment you get two or three more parts and a wide array of possibilities. Dino's original idea was to make a safe multi application system. The challenge is making everything in the line conform. That is a bigger task than I could have imagined. Still it is a worth while goal.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:01 PM

Default Oa is genius

Phillip,

LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of OA.....after all EZ is a sort of "erector set" for woodworking.

At the price that the clamping table is marked at for this sale, I am probably just going to go ahead and order it. I cant pass it up. It costs a little more than the Kreg table but it looks much more robust. If it fits my future EZ one frame, all the better. (Especially since I am holding out for the EZ one with folding legs from the factory.) The clamp table will have to remain leg-less in my garage until the times that I need the clamping table. At that time, I can either put the clamping table top on my future EZ one frame (if it fits) or if I have to, assemble its own dedicated table, put the legs on it and away I go. Speaking of that, do you know if the EZ one folding leg retrofit kit will work on the clamping table?

I have several things from EZ and I love it all. There is NOTHING half-assed about it. This stuff is built to last.

I know that I am getting "off track" here but EZ stuff sort of reminds me of my Apollo HVLP, or my Big Green Egg. Its a pleasure to use. I love tools that are well thought out, high quality and built to last. I know I sound like a commercial for these things but I have no affiliation with any of them, except for the admiration of their products. ***Before I start a war with fans of other brands of hvlp and grills out there, I realize there are other great choices, but after agonizing research, I arrived at those choices*** Im just sayin.....

take care,
Jim
Old 11-19-2016, 10:43 PM

Default Two great choices!

I have an Apollo 1050VR. With the 750 gun and all the caps and parts. I am with you all the way there. I know there are other good to great systems on the market. No I did not "need" the system I have, I just like it. Lots of good choices, but like you, I really like good tools and high quality products. Still made in America.

Not sure what you are referring to about the "big green egg" but would like to see. Can you pm a link?

Go EZ!
Old 11-20-2016, 10:19 AM

Just google "big green egg". Its a big ceramic egg-shapped grill/oven ... that is green.

I'll add Lodge cast iron to the "these are a few of my favorite things" list! And, again, made in the U.S.A.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:46 PM

Default Great Stuff

Lodge Cast Iron rocks! That stuff will last for generations if you take care of it.

I was also talking to someone about the erectarack system. If you do a lot of finishing work or home remodeling it looks to be a great idea. I am stalking it for black friday, if I can catch it at least 20% off. It is pricey and made in USA and is a great idea.

here is the website... be sure and watch the video on the site from the tv episode of "I want that!"

https://erecta-rack.com/

I am not affiliated with any of these companies, just like quality stuff, which even though costs more up front - is usually the best value in long run along with being a pleasure to use.