The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Guide Rail Systems

Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM

Default Comparing different systems

I have been following this forum for quite a while. I am very impressed by the dead wood concept, but very confused by the various systems. Part of the problem is that I have seen reference to the UEG for quite a while, but have no idea what it is, since it is not on the eurekazone website.
Anyway, my main question is, how would you compare the:
UEG
Ripsizer
Cabinet maker.
How much overlap of both parts and uses? Does any one make another redundant?
I hope this is not too vague or broad a question.
Thanks, John
Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa View Post
I have been following this forum for quite a while. I am very impressed by the dead wood concept, but very confused by the various systems. Part of the problem is that I have seen reference to the UEG for quite a while, but have no idea what it is, since it is not on the eurekazone website.
UEG
Ripsizer
Cabinet maker.
How much overlap of both parts and uses? Does any one make another redundant?
Thanks, John
Hi John
The UEG is not available yet, it will be used for ripping. I think we need to wait and see how it will work
The Ripsizer is used for ripping, you can find video on the EZ website
The Cabinetmaker is basically a sliding stop that attaches to the Square. The Square when attached to a track would be used for crosscuts. The Cabinetmaker would allow you to make repeat cuts of the same dimension.
without measuring each cut.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa View Post
UEG - Made primarily for ripping. Attaches directly to the saw base. It would be best to have a deducated saw for use with the UEG
Ripsizer - Again made primarily for ripping. Requires a EZ Prepared saw to work on the rail.
Cabinet maker. - Designed primarily for crosscutting. It adds a measuring system to the basic EZ Square
How much overlap of both parts and uses? Overlaps in uses does exist between the UEG and Rip sizer. Depending on the exact design of the two there may be some overlap in parts - primarily a fence. With that said, I prefr to use the UEG for narrow rips and the Rip sizer for wider cuts. It is one of those things I can't quiet put my finger on to describe the reason.

Does any one make another redundant? No. The differences become aparent when you start to use them.
Thanks, John
Hope this hellps.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Thanks Sean and Burt. This does help, and I am not surprised by your comments, Burt (I prefr to use the UEG for narrow rips and the Rip sizer for wider cuts. It is one of those things I can't quiet put my finger on to describe the reason) and especially ( The differences become aparent when you start to use them.)
Thanks again, John