The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Guide Rail Systems

Old 08-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Thought the beveled sides on the track guides were a clever idea, 0 play and it compensates for wear. Also clever using a piece of the anti-chip edge from the track as anti-chip on the saw base.
EZ's about a lot more than track saws.
sean, we made similar bases for the left bladed saw using a piece of track and the eac-1. Stopped doing that due to minor problems.
the zero play is another "minor" problem that is actually welcomes wear, and binding.

the only clever thing was that they visited the ez-shop and received many free ez tools to start the trade shows...

The smart table was presented like their invention without any credit to eurekazone. The editor knew about the smart table or he was blind every time he walk around the ez-trade booths.

Simply old friends and old minds that kept their readers
blind for all those years.

Not the first time and I'm sure not the last one.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Simply old friends and old minds that kept their readers
blind for all those years.

Not the first time and I'm sure not the last one.
I don't see any improvements, just changes that will create problems, and rounded corner. But ShopSmith just devalued themselves and any product they make or carry, by 75%. (questionable business practices in my option) It also makes me wonder if maybe some of their other stuff has come from who know where. Shop Smith surely had to know about EZ-Smart that is made in the USA, unless New Jersey in a different country than Ohio. The True Track system that Shop-Smith carries, appears to me could cause more problems, with straight lines, and even looks like it could cause the blade angle to change as you saw. I say this with 2yrs. maybe more (longer than the 1.5yrs. that's claimed it took to develop TTrack )of using Eureka Zone track and 6yrs. total of using different track systems, all with ride on and anti-splinter, some I developed myself that rode on bearing. They were for personal use. EZ is the best so far.

PS the reason for multiple spellings is for search hits.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 PM

Default True Trac

I am not sure if Shopsmith should be getting beat up for selling the True Trac product. I noticed another internet seller called www.toolnut.com is selling the same product which is distributed by company called Insight Toolworks.

I purchased from toolnut.com because the track saw kit was a lot cheaper than at the Shopsmith web site and free overnight shipping was included. I did not know about the EZ track Saw, but I had seen the Fe$$tool track saw kit. Too much for me.

Looks like the two systems are virtually identical.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhertz View Post
I am not sure if Shopsmith should be getting beat up for selling the True Trac product. I noticed another internet seller called www.toolnut.com is selling the same product which is distributed by company called Insight Toolworks.

I purchased from toolnut.com because the track saw kit was a lot cheaper than at the Shopsmith web site and free overnight shipping was included. I did not know about the EZ track Saw, but I had seen the Fe$$tool track saw kit. Too much for me.

No there not the same for many reason but because you bought the knock off I guess you will never know unless you buy the special thats on now for 100.00 bucks.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhertz View Post

welcome to the forum.
plenty to learn here.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:49 AM

Not sure what this thread is actually talking about since the link in the first post doesn't seem to work for me. Could someone elaborate?
I know the guys at true trac's history of scamming Dino out of all kinds of hardware which led to the true trac system. Just not sure what they're copying now.

On a side note:
Not trying to trash the true trac system but I watched the video on the toolnut link and around the 3 minute mark during the crosscutting demonstration you can clearly see the track moving forward at least an inch or two. That base must bind up on the rail some and you can see him putting a lot of pressure on the boards when it starts to slip.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondoom88 View Post
Not sure what this thread is actually talking about since the link in the first post doesn't seem to work for me. Could someone elaborate?
I know the guys at true trac's history of scamming Dino out of all kinds of hardware which led to the true trac system. Just not sure what they're copying now.

On a side note:
Not trying to trash the true trac system but I watched the video on the toolnut link and around the 3 minute mark during the crosscutting demonstration you can clearly see the track moving forward at least an inch or two. That base must bind up on the rail some and you can see him putting a lot of pressure on the boards when it starts to slip.
As I see it now this track only help eurekazone when they see the mistake they made on buying the wrong system happens a lot I'm sure.
The above was just a video of the same track.
I did look at mayfell cross cut system kinda like an all in one. Comes with a saw and shot piece of very thing track. The price is not could buy an EZ-1 for what they want for one tool. But they have a few good ideas at least the video looks good not sure if it works that well.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:41 PM

Default Another thought from another side

"As I see it now this track only help eurekazone when they see the mistake they made on buying the wrong system. . ."
"A cat may sit on a hot stove once, but it will never do that again -- but he will not sit on a cold stove either." Mark Twain (roughly quoted)

BJ:
I am sure you are right - BUT - They may believe that all track saws are equal, or think that some track saws are different but who has enough $$$ to find the good one?

My thought is that a video of side by side comparisons is needed or a tool review by a fair judge of tools. The prospective customer will never know what questions to ask about if no one educates them. The buying public's ignorance of the EZ tools is not their fault. It is our fault. It is up to us to educate them. We who know must declare the best points to those who will listen.

I commend Vondoom88 for his observation. We who are the supporters of EZ can easily point out the flaws, and do it better than Dino. Not because Dino doesn't know but because Dino is the inventor of EZ and his comments will not be heard the same as ours, we are simply satisfied customers, sharing our experiences with our brethren woodworkers. I think it is very much within the scope of explaining our tools that we can say " this is here because we do not want slipping" or ??? we might say because we are just sharing.

Phil
Old 09-22-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphoto View Post
"As I see it now this track only help eurekazone when they see the mistake they made on buying the wrong system. . ."
"A cat may sit on a hot stove once, but it will never do that again -- but he will not sit on a cold stove either." Mark Twain (roughly quoted)

BJ:
I am sure you are right - BUT - They may believe that all track saws are equal, or think that some track saws are different but who has enough $$$ to find the good one?

My thought is that a video of side by side comparisons is needed or a tool review by a fair judge of tools. The prospective customer will never know what questions to ask about if no one educates them. The buying public's ignorance of the EZ tools is not their fault. It is our fault. It is up to us to educate them. We who know must declare the best points to those who will listen.

I commend Vondoom88 for his observation. We who are the supporters of EZ can easily point out the flaws, and do it better than Dino. Not because Dino doesn't know but because Dino is the inventor of EZ and his comments will not be heard the same as ours, we are simply satisfied customers, sharing our experiences with our brethren woodworkers. I think it is very much within the scope of explaining our tools that we can say " this is here because we do not want slipping" or ??? we might say because we are just sharing.

Phil
Yes I'm sure you are right in how you feel Phil. I do find that Eurekazone is all over the web now any mention track saw it comes up some where or another the name really doesn't tell them what it is for sure. I remember ten years ago looking for a guide or track and found Eurekazone even at that time when it was very small. One thing about Dino and his videos you can see they are not edited to look good they are what they are and others make stops and do overs and still have problems. If you have to compare all the tracks to EZ this would take some time even if it is the best over all. One thing that I do see is Eurekazone has the best value for your money out of all the others. Without having a system like EZ or Eurekazone you just should make your own guide from wood any length you want and if a guided cut line is all you want that is all you need to make.