The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Woodworking Philosophies

Old 01-18-2012, 07:44 PM

I don't think there's a compelling reason to change the company name, but I do think the EurekaZone name can create images or references to things very different from the tools Dino has developed. I've seen evidence of it in internet searches. The name doesn't at all lead to images the product category we're dealing with.

Names like Makita and DeWalt, for example, don't really mean much either, but they have name recognition from years of marketing and advertising. A name change could give the company a boost if it identifies the industry or market it's in.

A name should be short and it could be misleading if it's tied to one the products, like track, or saw guide. For a number of reasons a name like "EZ Tools" can place the name in the right product category while keeping an important link to the company's origins. I think the name was mentioned in Dino's kickoff message so I'm not sure it qualifies as my idea, but some times simplest is best, so I like EZ Tools.
Bruce
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dik Harrison View Post
Not sure what team Dino is referring to, but it does not include me. I think re-branding is a very bad idea and have told Dino as much in the past.
Dik I agree stick with the current name it is established, has no black marks or bad reputation like black and decker did when the bought the dewalt name. I think eurekazone has a nice ring to it. If you need to shorten it try E-ZONE

Andy
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsharp8 View Post

I'm assuming that Dino may yet again suggest that this post be deleted for not supplying a new possible name. seems to contradict the idea of user input. It is his to change however.

Greg
Greg,
One thing to post your thoughts and concerns and another to post
that eurekazone has "bad name with some people" and don't post
all the facts that..... we don't need in this thread.

I will never ask to edit or delete something that is valid to this thread.
Well, except the "hit and run" posts by Randal...

tx.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 PM

Dino,

I understand.

1. PrEZision Tools: PrEZision Track Systems:

Perfection made EZ. Precision made EZ. PrEZision.

Think outside the track.

Greg
Old 01-18-2012, 11:59 PM

All right I'll have some fun at it even though I like Eurekazone & EZ-Smart.

How about: Edison Tools
Stands for the city the tools are born in and stands for the "brilliant" & "bright" ideas that have gone into your products and come out of the users shops.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Goetzke; 01-19-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:20 AM

Hey Mike - actually, as you stated above... EZ-Smart is great....

Greg
Old 01-19-2012, 12:20 AM

Dino, you always stress that you want to make safe tools to work with that are easy to use. My suggestion would be: SafeEZTools or SafeEasyTools which both are available for domain names along with variations thereof. There may be software companies using EZ but no wood working tools that I have found. the name says easy to use, safe and that you sell tools. It carries on the EZ theme and is easy to remember.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 AM

Default I agree

Dino -- Yes I shorten things to EZ lots times, but that is because I am lazy, and not wanting to take the time for proper typing. I understand the problem you are having but the name is a good one in many ways. If it is something the ties you down like "tools" or "Track" you are stuck with the perception that you only have tools or track.

I understand that some feel our past had contentious moments in our history. I understand that some do not like the name or even what we stand for. What we MUST NOT do is look like, create the appearance of, or factually retreat. If it looks like we are changing the name because we are not selling good, or (any number of reasons can be inserted at this point) we give credence (by default) to the detractors of EurekaZone. I can conceive of all sorts of derisive comments, that competitors, detractors, or other ill informed hooligans can salvo at our image.

Not wanting to cause any sort of ill will, but all of us in someway have nailed our colors to masthead of EurekaZone. If EurekaZone goes down, we go with it. I believe the best lays before us, and that we must forge ahead steadfast upon the tracks of success. Never giving one inch to those detractors, having little foresight to see the best path, the best way, OK -- to see it OUR WAY!

As I stated in the beginning of my post, EurekaZone does not shackle us to some archaic mode of working, or some limited method, product, or application. EurekaZone the name to be applied -- not to just any good idea -- but, applied to incredibly fantastic, EurekaZone ideas! Anythink less than EurekaZone is just --mundane.

That is my humble opinion,
Phil Bogle
Old 01-19-2012, 12:55 AM

Dino,
As I mentioned earlier by email, I think Eurekazone is the best name. However I have another thought. With the upcoming power tool line you could consider having those under a new "brand". Eurekazone is becoming known for its current offerings and it would be a shame to lose any traction. However, with the power tools being new they can have a new name and that name can allow those tools to gain traction separate from the rest of the Eurekazone offerings. This would be especially true for the universal saw that is being designed to work with other track systems as well as for the UEG.

Joe
Old 01-19-2012, 01:50 AM

Default Another point

My daughter has a knife sharpening business, for chef knives and such. She also sells knives. One of her lines is Victorinox, a Swiss made knife that has been known the world over. The Swiss Army knife is made by Victorinox. For many years the Victorinox brand was sold in the USA under the name of R.H. Forschner. Some years back (after RH Forschner board member O.J. Simpson had his legal issues), the RH Forschner brand was dropped and the Victorinox name took over. The Victorinox brand and logo was always on the RH Forshcner knives, but still to this day, people bemoan the loss of RH Forshner knives and having to settle for Victorinox. NOTHING CHANGED -- JUST THE NAME! 20 years later and the customers are still complaining.

Just something to think about. The cheapest lessons are the mistakes others make, and we learn from.

Phil Bogle