The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 04-06-2018, 07:43 PM

Default EZ Evangelism

Had a friend post that his TS was not working and could someone help him out with some cuts on a river bar top that he made with a live edge board and some resin.

I told him to come on over and I would cut it with my track saw system.

He was quite impressed with how well it worked, and was interested in where he too could get such a system. I made the suggestion that he would be better off investing what he would spend to replace his TS with an EZ system.

He asked for links and such so maybe there will be another convert in midst.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:24 PM

Whew! I thought you were going to tell use that this is a cult and that Dino is ...

Well, never mind.

For me the EZ tracks and the EZ-One remove the "dread factor" (might also be called the "pucker factor") that I experienced when cutting plywood. They let me slowly and carefully place the track in place before cutting, rather than sliding the wood toward the whirling high-speed blade while hoping everything would be OK.

The repeated posts on other websites that talk about kickbacks and gruesome finger injuries are just the icing on my decision not to get a table saw.

Last edited by kenk; 04-06-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:29 PM

Nothing is better than a real world demonstration. Good job!

I showed a couple of guys how I work without a table saw or chop saw. I was building a child's bookshelf. They watched without a word as I set up and made every cut, even rips for the face frame, in about 10 minutes using only my PBB, folding ruler, and pencil. One of the most satisfying moments of my woodworking experience.

Another satisfying moment is when someone wants to see how quickly I break down sheet goods with my UEG on centipede sawhorse.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:30 AM

I've said it before ... Eurekazone needs to publish videos on Youtube showing use of the EZ-One and other EZ tools - guide rail, router kit, ... while building somewhat simple projects. They need to show realistic usage. It should be only purchasable EZ products - not custom or complex stuff.

Last edited by kenk; 04-07-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:37 AM

Kenk that would be great, like the old setup videos for individual components. I know Dil made some automations comparing breakdown but if all you are using EZ for is sheet goods breakdown you could just as well make a door board and be careful. A great example is Kreg they have a video using their UEG thing to make a whole cabinet including door. EZ hasa cabinet maker system but I can't find a video of anyone making a cabinet with it.

It's great to have inventive users but it doesn't sell the product to people who are trying to solve a problem without having to become inventive themselves.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracedfar View Post
Nothing is better than a real world demonstration. Good job!

I showed a couple of guys how I work without a table saw or chop saw. I was building a child's bookshelf. They watched without a word as I set up and made every cut, even rips for the face frame, in about 10 minutes using only my PBB, folding ruler, and pencil. One of the most satisfying moments of my woodworking experience.

Another satisfying moment is when someone wants to see how quickly I break down sheet goods with my UEG on centipede sawhorse.
+1 on the centipede sawhorse - just got one and it works great!
Old 04-07-2018, 12:38 PM

when using the centipede does it have any anti-slip mechanism?
Old 04-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
when using the centipede does it have any anti-slip mechanism?
When I bought mine, I purchased an extra set of the yellow x-cups. This allows for 3-2x4 to run the length of the centipede. I use a 3/4Ē 4x8 insulation board to act as a sacrificial cutting surface to support what Iím cutting. I donít have access to thicker insulation board which I think would be better Ė may look at putting two sheets together for better support.

They do offer some non-slip pads, but I didnít buy them.

For those not familiar with the centipede, itís similar in operation to a pop-up tent, and collapses to store and carry in a bag.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:08 PM

So on the insulation alone your sheetgoods doesn't slide when using the UEG?
Old 04-07-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
So on the insulation alone your sheetgoods doesn't slide when using the UEG?
Sorry, I don't have an UEG. I'm using it with a Makita track saw and guide. It doesn't slide using it with the guide.