The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 09-13-2016, 01:05 PM

Only thing I really like about that Cuz-D saw is what looks like a lever to lift the blade guard.

Mike
Old 09-13-2016, 01:48 PM

Sure find the name Cuz-D unappealing.
That aside. the saw uses a blade with a recessed hub so it can flushcut. I googled around and couldn't find a recessed hub blade in that large a diameter. So likely no $15 blades at HD for this saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0zAnEy-4i4
A video that I saw years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayO-YQYkQAw
Looks like a good saw for pro framing contractors
Old 11-03-2016, 07:02 PM

Default kit to allow Festool/Euro track to mount on PB300

Hi.. it's been a long time since I posted here. I faded away for various reasons, some work related some not. Recently I decided to take the plunge into the Festool ecosystem. Key thing that drove me that direction was the one and only weakness I have always felt the EZ system had.. the lack of a dedicated plunge saw which pivoted in a way that always kept your cut line in the exact same place.

I do still have my EZ tracks, cabinet maker and my SRK but they aren't getting much use lately. I would really like a way to build a bridge with the PB300 but use my Festool track and saw because of what is a superior cutting experience, for me.

Dino, you mentioned moving on providing the parts needed to make this type of adaptation EZ. I am looking forward to maybe seeing this come around in the very near future. I sold my EZ-1 a long time ago because it just wasn't what I hoped it would be, for me. I really did appreciate the way the bridge worked though and I always thought one day it would be nice to purchase that part of the EZ system and incorporate it into my portable work tables. *** edit.. just went and looked at the PDF for the PB and it seems it is as simple and using two appropriately sized nuts in the bridge..

As a matter of fact, if there was some universal kit I could buy that allowed me to use the Festool track with all my EZ system parts still owned it would tickle me pink to not have to sell them off so they don't collect dust in the corner of my shop.
www.johngowrie.com

Last edited by jgowrie; 11-03-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:06 PM

There has been no talk about a mount to attach a eurotrack to the B300 for years, doubtful that EZ will have anything soon. You might want to think about developing something yourself. The other problem is that, at least with the EZ track mounted to the B300 if you try and bevel cut you have to be careful with blade depth as it will cut the one leg of the B300. B300 should really have a redesign.
I recently bought an EZ1 and was also thinking about using a euro tracksaw and track on it, likely Makita or DeWalt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgowrie View Post
Hi.. it's been a long time since I posted here. I faded away for various reasons, some work related some not. Recently I decided to take the plunge into the Festool ecosystem. Key thing that drove me that direction was the one and only weakness I have always felt the EZ system had.. the lack of a dedicated plunge saw which pivoted in a way that always kept your cut line in the exact same place.

I do still have my EZ tracks, cabinet maker and my SRK but they aren't getting much use lately. I would really like a way to build a bridge with the PB300 but use my Festool track and saw because of what is a superior cutting experience, for me.

Dino, you mentioned moving on providing the parts needed to make this type of adaptation EZ. I am looking forward to maybe seeing this come around in the very near future. I sold my EZ-1 a long time ago because it just wasn't what I hoped it would be, for me. I really did appreciate the way the bridge worked though and I always thought one day it would be nice to purchase that part of the EZ system and incorporate it into my portable work tables. *** edit.. just went and looked at the PDF for the PB and it seems it is as simple and using two appropriately sized nuts in the bridge..

As a matter of fact, if there was some universal kit I could buy that allowed me to use the Festool track with all my EZ system parts still owned it would tickle me pink to not have to sell them off so they don't collect dust in the corner of my shop.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:55 PM

I'm considering saving up for a used euro track so I can use my Hilti track saw without the EZ base. I'll have better beveling and depth of cut. I use my cordless for the UEG anyway because the worm drive is too heavy for my noodle arms.

Aside from being insanely loud, I really love the build quality on the Hilti compared to the makita saws I've handled.

Are all the euro tracks the same with a standardized lip offset? I know the Hilti works on Festool, Makita, and some other guide rails, but I'm not sure if the blade offset from the various tracks will be different.

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...