The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 AM

Default EZ-ONE 8' Rip

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on modifying an EZ-ONE to rip 8' lengths of plywood and 2x4's. I realize there is a UEG to facilitate ripping long pieces of material, but I was wondering if a person could create a super-sized EZ-ONE with an extra long track mounted to the bridge. Kind of the same idea as folks using a large cabinet sized table saw instead of a contractors size table saw.

Also wondering if anyone has thoughts on having the ability to move two sliders (fences) at the same time. From what I understand about the sliders on the EZ-ONE you need to move these individually. This makes it nice for tapered cuts, but what about when a person cuts straight cuts 99% of the time. Sure it's nice to have the option to cut tapered cuts, but the speed of just moving the fence on a table saw for regular straight cuts just seems so much more straight forward than on the EZ-ONE.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:16 PM

Thumbs up

EurekaZone makes an extension for the EZ One that doubles the length .... I have one. I purchased the EZ One with extension and set it up over the weekend.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:20 AM

Sounds like a promising option, but I didn't see it on the site. I'll try to dig around to look for the EZ-ONE extension you mentioned. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:00 PM

Not sure about the EZ one extension, but it seems like they're are a few items that are not shown on their website, but they actually still sell. For instance, I just bought the EZ Hitachi saw from them, yet, it is not on their website. I emailed cust. support, and they helped me order it right away. I've also heard about the "moduni" (sp.?) smart base still being sold behind the lines also. Cust. support has been very prompt responding/helping! I'd give them a call/email.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:07 AM

Thanks. I will give that a go. Hmm. Be nice if there was some kind "Non-Standard" items/product listing.

Last edited by Propellerhead; 03-21-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:42 PM

I agree, Jody. There are things that used to be sold that appear not to be now. Perhaps call them "special order" or something like that.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:59 PM

Angry

This is one of the biggest problems I see with Eurekazone website. I believe there are tools we want to see aimed at the US market where the majority of us work with standard sheet goods of 4x8 sheets. And although the beam saw kit has a lot of advantages, the problem I have with it is it is stationary, and I'd rather see some system that allows the beam saw to move instead of constantly moving my material. I have to come up with some way to support that sheet and the way it works now, that is difficult or I need a huge shop.

Also lacking is a measurement scale along the side.

This is supposed to be safer, and keep me from having to buy a tablesaw, but this isn't working too well. I am thinking of building a Paulk bench and just use the track saw and be done with it.

I have seen the table converted to 8 ft on a video, but I can't see anything online to make it happen.

Last edited by Dragginbutt; 10-11-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:43 PM

Can you post the video of a converted EZ1? I've never heard of one and have not seen that EZ has offered anything to lengthen an EZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragginbutt View Post
This is one of the biggest problems I see with Eurekazone website. I believe there are tools we want to see aimed at the US market where the majority of us work with standard sheet goods of 4x8 sheets. And although the beam saw kit has a lot of advantages, the problem I have with it is it is stationary, and I'd rather see some system that allows the beam saw to move instead of constantly moving my material. I have to come up with some way to support that sheet and the way it works now, that is difficult or I need a huge shop.

Also lacking is a measurement scale along the side.

This is supposed to be safer, and keep me from having to buy a tablesaw, but this isn't working too well. I am thinking of building a Paulk bench and just use the track saw and be done with it.

I have seen the table converted to 8 ft on a video, but I can't see anything online to make it happen.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:53 PM

sean9c,
Here's a good example by Dik. I think this makes more sense than having an 8' EZ One. With an 8' EZ One you need that much more floor space for the footprint. Most of the cuts are going to be on smaller pieces, the first crosscut drops the size to less than 96". IMHO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-fq...24Peg&index=23
Bruce

Bruce H. (EZ Thief)
EZ One PBB, 27" Ripsizer, Cabinetmaker w/extra repeater, PBB to STK, STK, Dual SSRK w/stops, SRK, 1-72" EZ Track, 2-50" EZ Tracks, 36", 24" EZ Tracks, EZ Miter Square w/Handle, 2 Sets Smart Clamps w/upgrade, Long Smart Clamps, Makita 5008 MGA CS w/dust collector and shield, Hilti WSC 267-E, DIY SPK and a UEG.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:38 PM

I've seen that video. I guess what Dik was doing then would now be done with a UEG. I thought Draggin was talking about an EZ produced extension for the EZ1, using the B300

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhough56 View Post
sean9c,
Here's a good example by Dik. I think this makes more sense than having an 8' EZ One. With an 8' EZ One you need that much more floor space for the footprint. Most of the cuts are going to be on smaller pieces, the first crosscut drops the size to less than 96". IMHO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-fq...24Peg&index=23
Bruce