The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Positioning and Measuring Systems

Old 09-07-2015, 06:26 PM

Default Clamping with the square

I rarely use the square, but I'm having to make new stringers for the bottom part of my basement stairs and am using the square to make the rise and tread cuts. Since I rarely use the square, I'm not very comfortable with it and prefer to use clamps to help hold it once it is in place. I realized today that although a regular EZ clamp can be used on one side of the board, it cannot be used on the other side, but the 6" EZSmart Bench Clamp works just fine on that side.

Now I don't have to worry about my weak, arthritic hands slipping and messing up a cut.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 09-07-2015, 07:36 PM

Of all the EZ componts I own, the square (old right angle style) is the one I've used the most. My son built several large bar houses and all inside plywood surfaces needed zillions of horizontal score lines so the tiny feet can climb and hold on. The square worked like a champ.

I should add though that there is great comfort and I think safety, in using a securely clamped track. That's what got me here in the place.

Last edited by kenk; 09-07-2015 at 10:47 PM.