The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Track System Power Tools and Dust Collection

Old 12-04-2018, 02:36 PM

Default MLCS Track Saw System

Saw this in the new MLCS catalog: https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shop...track_saw.html

It is a small saw and it is just a ride along type of saw (base does not engage with the track) but I do like the dust collection. Wonder who manufactures the saw for MLCS? Well none other than Jinding (http://www.jinding.com/product/20.html), the company that the Eurekazone partners have worked with (still?).

Eurekazone needs a saw that works flawlessly with the Guide Rails. Eurekazone has lost ground the past couple of years because of corporate inaction. I am hoping something changes because I believe in what Eurekazone offers. We have the new EZ Pyramid (which is great) but there are so many other ideas that have been developed that have not received a green-light. In the meantime, others copy EZ ideas or beat Eurekazone to the market with similar products.

Joe
Old 12-04-2018, 04:13 PM

Early this year when they had a great deal on the Makita cordless track saw system I picked one up. I added a Mafell dust bag to it to be completely un-tethered and it collects almost all of the top side dust.

100% agree about the saw - that's major reason I made the switch.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:12 PM

The vacuum port on that little saw is in about the same place as the port that EZ sells. Not sure why it'd work any better. I've a saw that I bought from EZ with the dust port and that clear plastic flap thing, I think with that set up the vacuum might be sucking up some of the fine dust but that's about it, most of the sawdust escapes. It sure would be nice to not have as much cleanup to do after projects. I'm pretty amazed at the efforts Festool and Mafell go to for dust collection, good for them.