The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > The Old Wood Stove

Old 11-02-2014, 10:23 AM

Default 90% completed

Finally, my shop is up. Insulation and drywall will wait until I'm happy with the tool floor plan. Ran 500' of Romex to ensure dual duplex outlets every 6'. Still need to run another 150' 12/2 and 12/3.

Prebuilt trusses and wall sections made the job much faster in this super busy market. The slab was poured last year. Five weeks ago, the framers arrived and yesterday the masons finish. I'm doing the finish out and exterior paint. Painting before the roof is applied with HVLP (reconditioned Earlex/Graco 1900 from VMinnovations) was the EZ way to go!

The slab is 32'x 25' with a 32'x12' decked attic. 2'x6' outer walls with 10' top plate.

My last two shops, I ran copper for air lines. PEX is looking real good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	6524   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017_2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	6525   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022_2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	6526   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0649.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	6527  

Last edited by Jeff Freelove; 11-02-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:44 AM

Jeff, you're creating a bit of 'shop-envy' on this forum..... lol....

Looks really nice- you're just about ready to start making some sawdust in there... sweet. (Hey, when you have an 'open-house', let me know- if there's home-baked goodies involved, I might drive up from Kerrville...... )

re. PEX for air lines: I'm guessing you've already researched to know if it's the right choice for you, but, if not, you might want to do a bit of research on the subject- seems the verdict is out regarding long-term safety using PEX. A quick google search, "PEX for air lines", brings up lots of good hits; here's a lively/informative one:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=87479

When I relocated to my present location, I did a bit of research on the subject, and ended up doing black pipe, like I did in my last shop. Rented a pipe threader for the day and knocked it out; I sleep better at night knowing that all is well w/no 'ifs/ands/buts'. In Austin, these guys are great for anything air-related:
http://www.rivercityhoseandsupply.com/index.html

Post some pics of the interior when you get it up and running!
Rick
Old 11-02-2014, 07:47 PM

Wow, Jeff, that is beautiful!
Old 11-03-2014, 06:18 PM

Default Thanks

Thank for the kind words. We plan to be here a long long time. The Army cured me of any desire to move.

Just finished cleaning, etching, power washing and rinsing the floor. EPOXY SHIELD floor paint goes on tomorrow.

As far as air lines goes, once my stuff is unpacked and I get the stationary tools semi-organized, I'll have to see what I still have on hand. I've got EZ stuff that hasn't been assembled yet. Turning tools that I haven't seen in 12 years! Might have some copper fittings in the mix...

Copper is just easy to work with. Iron is nice too. PEX: the line is cheap but they make up for it with the fittings.

Rick, The other forum I haunt is the Weber Kettle Club. We had an oak smoked chicken last week that was amazing! Of course, brisket, pork ribs, and tenderloin are favorites in this household.

Last edited by Jeff Freelove; 11-03-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Freelove View Post
We had an oak smoked chicken last week that was amazing! Of course, brisket, pork ribs, and tenderloin are favorites in this household.
Jeff, now you ARE speaking my language......
Before leaving the Austin area, we used to make frequent pilgrimages to Schoepf's BBQ, in Temple; a stone's throw up the road from you- worth the drive when you're not in the mood for cooking your own.....
Rick
Old 11-11-2014, 10:05 PM

Default Progress

Moved in the tools. Now to see what goes best where...

And a pork butt for tomorrow too 10-12 hours at 225-250 degrees and then, pulled pork time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0662.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	6532   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0663.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	6533