The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > The Old Wood Stove

Old 10-27-2016, 10:49 PM

Default Rockler - Woodworkers Store getting out of EZ

On Sunday on stopped in my local Rockler - Woodworkers store and saw that the EZSmart items were considerably marked down. Like half price. Got busy with work and didn't think about it then when it rained on Wednesday I had some time and I went back to the store. The EZ One bench was priced at $499.99. So, i asked if they had one that was in an unopened box. They had one but it was on hold until tomorrow. I talked with the manager about taking the floor model that was a little "scuffed up". So, this evening I picked up the floor model with a SSRK and a brand new saw base for $500.00 plus tax.
So, if you have a Rockler store near you, it might pay off to go in a check it out.
I guess I'm committed to the system now. The manager told me that they are getting out of the Product line. Not sure if that is chain wide or just here.

I am going to head over the the other store nearby to see if I can find some other bargains.

Marty
Old 10-29-2016, 09:43 PM

After reading Marty's post I went by the 2 Rockler stores in my area. Bought an EZ1+Porter Cable CS for $499 from one store. 54" track kit for $42, UEG for $22, bunch of clamps for cheap from the other store. Rockler stores are getting out of the EZ business, not sure about the online sales.
Anyone interested might want to check out your local Rockler store.
Driving back from the store I got thinking about the 54" track kit, what a dumb length, too short to crosscut 48".
Thanks Marty for the tip.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:10 AM

Default Thanks Marty!

We don't have a local Rocklers in the Austin area but, if the retail stores are dumping product, it won't be long before corporate will too.

I'll keep watching online.

It's a shame. Without adequate marketing and product demonstrations, many folks will pour money into other (less safe) woodworking tools.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:26 PM

The 2 store managers I talked to said that the EZ products didn't really fit with their customers interests.
I was surprised that Rockler had agreed to inventory so much EZ in their stores, including an EZ1. A big investment, that was a lot of product.
The stores have limited space, both stores were very excited that I was basically buying all the EZ they had so they could free up the space for other products.
I wouldn't be surprised if EZ stayed available online as a ship from manufacturer product. It doesn't cost Rockler anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Freelove View Post
We don't have a local Rocklers in the Austin area but, if the retail stores are dumping product, it won't be long before corporate will too.

I'll keep watching online.

It's a shame. Without adequate marketing and product demonstrations, many folks will pour money into other (less safe) woodworking tools.