The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Package design advice

Old 05-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Master Carpenter

Thumbs up new and cleaner website.

I like the clean looks and your thoughts.

Look at the special.
the 108 tracksaw system comes with a free ez-saw. ( while supplies of saws last)
we have 30 at hand. The msrp of the saw was $175.00 and the sle price $149.00
comes with electric brake and blade. Long cord and the ez smart sticker.

tx

Last edited by Dino; 05-09-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I like the clean looks and your thoughts.

tx
Overall, looks great!

I'm not a fan of having the "Need Help" button pop up all the time. Any chance to make it stay off permanently, w/out needing to delete it every time you access another page? (In all honesty, I have fled websites that keep pushing that button in your face whenever you are trying to navigate their website. Just not worth my time to fight that obnoxious feature.)

Also, and maybe you made this change long ago and I'm just now realizing it: do you no longer offer the older spring type clamps? Are you only offering the newer lever-type clamps? (I couldn't find them in your products.) I hope not- deal breaker for me. Those spring type clamps are super; lever type clamps are a bit more limiting in their applications. (Again, to be honest, I don't like lever clamps- too bulky, too fiddly, too not right/good for how I work. I especially don't like those lever clamps that have a swiveling mounting base- GAA!!! too concentration-breaking when I'm trying to focus on getting something done. I get it that some folks like them- maybe still offer the spring type in addition to the lever type?) Any chance you could send me sourcing info for the spring part? I'll get some and make my own.
Thanks!
Rick
Old 05-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Thought it odd that clicking on EZ Ready Power Tools takes you to non- EZ ready tools. No mention of the cost to have these tools made EZ ready.
Surprised after all the years of EZ talking about the dangers of rear plunge saw to see Makita and Festool plunge saws listed
Also the EZ Saw while for sale as part of a special is not listed as an EZ Ready power tool.
Also no routers
Old 05-09-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
Thought it odd that clicking on EZ Ready Power Tools takes you to non- EZ ready tools. No mention of the cost to have these tools made EZ ready.
Surprised after all the years of EZ talking about the dangers of rear plunge saw to see Makita and Festool plunge saws listed
Also the EZ Saw while for sale as part of a special is not listed as an EZ Ready power tool.
Also no routers

Poor wording maybe? I think it is just supposed to be a list of popular saws compatible with the base.

As far as Makita/Festool -- sink or swim. People love these saws and won't stop using them. May as well support them. Their tracks work with the bridge anyway

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...

Last edited by tofu; 05-09-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpnstump View Post
Overall, looks great!

I'm not a fan of having the "Need Help" button pop up all the time. Any chance to make it stay off permanently, w/out needing to delete it every time you access another page? (In all honesty, I have fled websites that keep pushing that button in your face whenever you are trying to navigate their website. Just not worth my time to fight that obnoxious feature.)

Also, and maybe you made this change long ago and I'm just now realizing it: do you no longer offer the older spring type clamps? Are you only offering the newer lever-type clamps? (I couldn't find them in your products.) I hope not- deal breaker for me. Those spring type clamps are super; lever type clamps are a bit more limiting in their applications. (Again, to be honest, I don't like lever clamps- too bulky, too fiddly, too not right/good for how I work. I especially don't like those lever clamps that have a swiveling mounting base- GAA!!! too concentration-breaking when I'm trying to focus on getting something done. I get it that some folks like them- maybe still offer the spring type in addition to the lever type?) Any chance you could send me sourcing info for the spring part? I'll get some and make my own.
Thanks!
Rick
Hi Rick.
You right about the button, It will be removed or make it better.
About the clamps...our supplier relocated and they cannot find the tooling.
Sounds crazy and stupid but this is what we have to deal with....
The toggle clamps are the only way for now.
The smart clamps are coming back as soon the new tooling and supplier is found. Who knows? maybe we can make them even smarter.

thanks Rick.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post

Here we have few variables and different bases and cost.
working to make it easier and standard.

The dangerous is still there. You know that. EZ makes them safer
and many plunge saw users are asking for...
We did the right thing by educating the users and now by offering a better way.

Also no routers
We have a limited number of ez saws and we like to test the waters.
I don't think we will offer the ez saws after we run out.
There is many new and better saws in the market.
The site is not 100% completed....Routers will be posted after the final selection is done.
The modifications and dust collection is extra.
If you buy the system we will use your base.

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
Poor wording maybe? I think it is just supposed to be a list of popular saws compatible with the base.

As far as Makita/Festool -- sink or swim. People love these saws and won't stop using them. May as well support them. Their tracks work with the bridge anyway
correct...
Old 05-10-2018, 03:24 PM

That's too bad about the original EZ Clamp, they worked well. Hopefully they'll show up again.
Does the EZ Saw need the EZ Base or does the base of the saw already have a track slot in it?
Old 05-13-2018, 09:38 AM

Default UEG availability

Dino

Need to get my buddy a UEG asap...is there one available from anywhere?
Old 05-13-2018, 12:45 PM

http://www.eurekazone.com/category-s/2069.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebehr View Post
Dino

Need to get my buddy a UEG asap...is there one available from anywhere?