The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Guide Rail Systems

Old 01-25-2010, 03:09 PM

Default New Freud Ultimate Plywood blade

Just wanted to share that I have started using the new Freud LU79R007 Ultimate Plywood blade and the results are spectacular compared to the 60 tooth Oldham finishing blade I had been using. Needed to cut a new anti-chip insert for it of course. Crosscuts in maple plywood are super-clean. Costs a bit more (around $50 on amazon.com) but I personally think the results are worth it.

Roger
Old 01-25-2010, 03:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to LarryS Send a message via Skype™ to LarryS

Hi Roger

Thanks for the feedback, I have been using factory Makita blades and getting good results, but have to get some extra blades for finishing

Larry
Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Banned

Did you try the 40 or 60 tooth Diablo blades (Freud) from Home Depot?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknopf View Post
Just wanted to share that I have started using the new Freud LU79R007 Ultimate Plywood blade and the results are spectacular compared to the 60 tooth Oldham finishing blade I had been using. Needed to cut a new anti-chip insert for it of course. Crosscuts in maple plywood are super-clean. Costs a bit more (around $50 on amazon.com) but I personally think the results are worth it.

Roger
This is really maybe an idea for Dino to look at - even though some of my anti-chip strips are a little beat up it doesn't seem to affect the cut as far as I can tell. But, wouldn't it be nice if the saw or SmartBase could be moved slightly to accommodate a different blade or even more than one saw on the same rail? I think this could be done if the holes in the Smartbase were bored a little larger than the fastener. I see the F-saw has four screws that hold the saw to the base that can be loosened and allow one to make this adjustment.

For now - some ID their anti-chip strips and use one side of the rail for one blade or saw and the other for another blade.

Mike
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
This is really maybe an idea for Dino to look at - even though some of my anti-chip strips are a little beat up it doesn't seem to affect the cut as far as I can tell. But, wouldn't it be nice if the saw or SmartBase could be moved slightly to accommodate a different blade or even more than one saw on the same rail? I think this could be done if the holes in the Smartbase were bored a little larger than the fastener. I see the F-saw has four screws that hold the saw to the base that can be loosened and allow one to make this adjustment.

For now - some ID their anti-chip strips and use one side of the rail for one blade or saw and the other for another blade.

Mike
Mike,

I'm not sure that different blades make enough difference to worry about unless you are dealing with something like malamine. The side of the blade that goes toward the insert in the rail is mounted to the saw - positioned against the flange on the saw arbor and that doesn't move. Since that is the case the set of the teeth is the only thing that changes the amount cut off the insert. The thickness of the blade does effect the insert in the saw base.

I had never thought of this until Dik mentioned it in another thread.

Burt

Tags
crosscut, freud, plywood, splinter