The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 02-07-2016, 08:15 PM

Default EZ-One: How are you managing vacuum hose & power cord?

I notice that in Eurekazone.com videos they are using a tower of some kind to "manage" the vacuum hose and power cord. I thought it was a Rockler Dust Right Cord and Hose Holder, but now I'm thinking it might not be.

I was thinking of ordering the Rockler Holder, but then wondered if for the $30 it costs I should just make something more home-made that will do.

How are you managing the vacuum hose and power cord on your EZ-One or Power Bench?

Ken K.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
I notice that in Eurekazone.com videos they are using a tower of some kind to "manage" the vacuum hose and power cord. I thought it was a Rockler Dust Right Cord and Hose Holder, but now I'm thinking it might not be.

I was thinking of ordering the Rockler Holder, but then wondered if for the $30 it costs I should just make something more home-made that will do.

How are you managing the vacuum hose and power cord on your EZ-One or Power Bench?

Ken K.
I took the 'high-dollar' approach shown in the pic: cheap plumbing drain parts clipped to the end of the EZ-1 track using a spring clip. Hose never hangs up. Saw cord (not shown in the pic) just dangles over the side of the table.
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ vac hose slider.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	6797  
Old 02-08-2016, 02:01 PM

I just use a big loop of garage door spring hung from the ceiling, and run both the hose and power cable through itó does the trick, but I have a small shop.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:22 PM

I have mine hung from the ceiling since my EZ-One doesn't move very much.

My old setup (before having to redo the shop) had an old stiff hose attached to a PVC network which had the shop vacuum on the other end.

Name:	IMG_2919.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	6798

I removed that PVC network since it had proven to be not very effective (too many ports and too much distance) and with the remodel of the shop, I am just having the shop vacuum handle tools at the EZ-One work area. Since I am still in the process of redoing the shop, I'm just using the vacuum hose as seen here. There is a Thein separator attached to the vacuum.

Name:	IMG_7306.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	6799

Once things are more settled as to location on things, I'll run PVC from the shop vacuum to the ceiling mount area. I use a string and pulley so that I can lower the power cable from the auto switch to plug/unplug the tool.

Name:	IMG_7308.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	6801

I have replaced the old stiff hose to the saw with Rockler's Universal Small Port Hose because it is not as heavy and is very flexible and keeps itself out of the way. It works very well with the saw and with my random orbit palm sander.

Name:	IMG_7307.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	6800

The only bad thing about this hose is that I have to use a hose clamp with it since it doesn't stay connected to the EZ DC Port.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models

Last edited by Dik Harrison; 02-08-2016 at 04:25 PM.