The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Track System Power Tools and Dust Collection

Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 PM

Default Kreg wants in... :)

Anyone seen this yet:

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c48/s...I3OXkifQ%3D%3D
Old 06-09-2017, 01:36 AM

I can't fault Kreg for wanting in on the action and playing to their strengths. I'm not fond of the plastic pieces nor the way the saw clamps to the base. Nevertheless, like many of their tools, this looks like an affordable way for a DIY guy to get into a track saw system.

With a couple of exceptions, I've had good experience with Kreg. I'm not particularly fond of their ripcut. The EZ UEG is much better in every way. Their K4 and K5 pocket hole jigs can quickly become labor intensive for anything but a small job. If you're going to build face frames for a medium to large kitchen, you'll want a Foreman, at least. Same goes for their 35mm hinge jig. I use it when replacing cabinet doors but to do a full kitchen I want a little more. I also really like their multi-mark, I carry one with me on every job.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:28 PM

Default ugh

I was hoping this was some sort of collaboration and came to see if Dino was involved... guess not. Saw here.

http://www.core77.com/posts/67995/Kr...w-Guide-Review

Dino's been on Core77 features quite a bit in the past.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:27 PM

This actually came out after Dino met with Kreg about a possible collaboration.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 08-05-2017, 01:38 PM

On setting up the Kreg saw base I wonder how you get your blade exactly parallel the slot that runs in the guide rail? And how well everything repeats so you can remove and replace saw?
Old 08-07-2017, 12:28 AM

If their saw base works like their rip guide, you index the saw up against the front of the jig and clamp it down only at the front. I was disappointed in the rip guide. The saw was prone to twist away from the guide at the slightest bump. So, every time I set it down I had to check and possibly reset it before cutting again. A half day with it was all I could take. It might satisfy a DIYer who only cuts one panel every now and then.

Fortunately, I have had a very different experience with the UEG. I can set it, break down panels all day long, picking it up and setting it down over and over again, and it stays true.