The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Guide Rail Systems

Old 03-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED View Post
I loosen the nuts, get the bridge track to lie flat on the EZ-One frame on both sides of the track for the full length of the EZ-One, retighten the nuts, track still lying flat and make a test cut or two. It's fine, but the third cut or so I'll see it start cutting at a bevel again. When I take the saw off and lower the track back to the frame that right side is high again, and it will stay high until I go through the leveling process all over again. Then, again, it'll be good for a couple of cuts and then the right side of the track goes high again. That right side of the track will be off the frame by .010" at least. At least it's consistent -- one or two cuts good, then have to reset. That should be telling me something, but, so far, it's not.

I've been tied up most of the day today and haven't had a chance to try cutting on a track, but not on the EZ-One, as sean9c suggested. Hopefully, I can try that tomorrow.
Make sure the nuts are free in both sides of the bridge.
Remove the track from the bridge and look for any mistakes at the arms.
maybe you have a bad part in the bridge?
maybe you are applying more down-pressure and you are pushing the track
in a bevel?

Best to look at the parts of the Bridge and the holes.
If a hole is off by 1/32" it will transfer the mistake to your "problem".
Take it easy when you work and don't apply more pressure that needed to
hold the wood in place... almost none.

And your saw. make sure the bevel lever is square
and do a test cut without the track.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:34 PM

Default No More Bevel?

I tried the saw and base completed off tracks, no bevel. Loosened the nuts holding the track to the bridge, allowing the track to slide in what I guess is the x-axis (the length-wise direction of the EZ-One), but left the nuts holding the bridge to the EZ-One frame tight. Again, no bevel. I retightened the nuts holding the track to the bridge, and made several test cuts -- no bevel! It's not like I haven't loosened and retightened these nuts before, so I'm not sure what made it work this time. On a couple of tests I did try to not press down, but not on all cuts.

THEN, I installed a new Freud blade ($15 or $20) I bought yesterday, even though the old one hadn't been used much. Huge difference in cut quality and ease of cut. I could barely tell when the saw was cutting through the material (1" oak). Had that piece been an actual rail instead of scrap, I could have used it without any further cleanup on the cut. No sanding, planing or using a shooting board. It was as good as any cut I ever got with the Festool saw I had for a while! BTW, I used it without the ACEs.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:31 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED View Post
I tried the saw and base completed off tracks, no bevel. Loosened the nuts holding the track to the bridge, allowing the track to slide in what I guess is the x-axis (the length-wise direction of the EZ-One), but left the nuts holding the bridge to the EZ-One frame tight. Again, no bevel. I retightened the nuts holding the track to the bridge, and made several test cuts -- no bevel! It's not like I haven't loosened and retightened these nuts before, so I'm not sure what made it work this time. On a couple of tests I did try to not press down, but not on all cuts.

THEN, I installed a new Freud blade ($15 or $20) I bought yesterday, even though the old one hadn't been used much. Huge difference in cut quality and ease of cut. I could barely tell when the saw was cutting through the material (1" oak). Had that piece been an actual rail instead of scrap, I could have used it without any further cleanup on the cut. No sanding, planing or using a shooting board. It was as good as any cut I ever got with the Festool saw I had for a while! BTW, I used it without the ACEs.
I think the ac-2 was the problem.
it must be trimmed right. read the directions again.
You cannot have the ac-2 right in top of the white edge.
a small portion must be trimmed by sandpaper or utility knife.

tx
d