The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Positioning and Measuring Systems

Old 05-23-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
A thing that drives me crazy is having something that doesn't repeat every time. If you're always wondering if your fence clamped square this time or not and having to double check it all the time would be too irritating for me. I'd find that I was measuring both ends of the fence to make sure it's square and if I'm doing that I might as well just measure and clamp both ends.
Unfortunately I have the same problem when using the EZ connectors to connect tracks together and when using the EZ Square. They are so easily bumped out of alignment that I spend too much time double checking.
Agreed, Sean. Back when I had a nice table saw, I still checked near and far blade-to-fence measurements. It only takes one time when it gets out of parallel, and you don't know how it got that way, to distrust it any time after that.
I think the concept of what I presented w/the center mounted fence is doable, only, I'll probably need to use something like the Igus sliders mentioned above to eliminate slop.
Ah, well, looks like more wasted hours in the shop are in my future..... .
Rick