The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > Applications > Cabinet Making

Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 AM

Mike,

Can you import drawings into that cutlist program to generate a layout, or do you have to enter your piece dimensions into excel or another spreadsheet application before importing into the cutlist program?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:05 PM

Mike
I was just starting to plan a new router table and I am curious what you came up with for your design. Are you going to integrate the SSRK or is this a "traditional" (non SSRK) router table? I have been debating whether to invest in a Incra 17" router fence system but haven't decided yet.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
A hacksaw to both ends of my two Hilti's and they fit fine on the new Ueg base

Glenn - I will eventually fit my Hilti to one of the new SmartBases (when it's a lesser emotional event). What I was trying to say was it was a good thing it didn't fit. Very seldom did I use the cordless Makita that came in a kit. It is a perfect match for the UEG.

Mike
Old 01-13-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmitchell807 View Post
Mike,

Can you import drawings into that cutlist program to generate a layout, or do you have to enter your piece dimensions into excel or another spreadsheet application before importing into the cutlist program?
You enter dimensions of the parts and supplied material. What is nice you can have it do rip or crosscuts first or to save material a combination of the two. There are two other options - one is to place pieces manually and the other to ignore direction of the grain. For large jobs I have imported spreadsheet type date into it but it's not very direct.

Link

Mike
Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_C View Post
Mike
I was just starting to plan a new router table and I am curious what you came up with for your design. Are you going to integrate the SSRK or is this a "traditional" (non SSRK) router table? I have been debating whether to invest in a Incra 17" router fence system but haven't decided yet.
This is what the EZ made me sell:

I felt worse about loosing the router table than saw. I like having a traditional router table so a while back I bought a phenolic top, and super fence. The Uni buyer didn't want my lift, router, of router fence so I kept the router/lift and sold the fence. I really liked the 17" Incra fence but prefer a dedicated jig for making joints like dove tails so I sold it (I did buy a micro adjusted for the super fence).

Like everything else I tend to over plan. I must have spent 10-15 hours over three weekends planning my table out. Like many I need to maximize storage while sill having a functional router table with good dust collection. Might take a while to finish the drawers but I might get enough time to put the cabinet together by next weekend.

Mike
Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM

Hi Mike,

When I got my ueg that was what I wanted to do but wasn't sure how it would work out being left bladed. The saw is nice for a quick cut or two, but I know that any force against the blade and it powers out quickly. That's where the ueg will shine holding the saw perfectly straight, especially with that thin kerf diablo blade. I guess you cant use an anti chip insert with the saw mounted the other way? Looks good, any other likes/dislikes?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
This is what the EZ made me sell:
that sure looks nice. I wish i had the room for setups like these
Old 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
Hey!

what's going on there? is that a new left blade smart base, or did you just hack it up to make it fit?

-christopher

edit: sorry if my posts are getting old. I think about 80% of my posts are about left blade bases and ripsizer upgrades
No hacking required. I have a corded 5 1/2" makita on a UEG.

Burt
Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM

Sunday I had a few hours free to work on construction. A few years back when there was a Microsoft Bing 30% cash-back deal plus I had a 10% off coupon for e-bay I purchased a Festool Domino tenon machining tool. Hate to admit it but after trying to use it on this project I think I'm ready to sell it. I used dados on my kitchen cabinets and thought the Dominos would be faster - wrong. Plus when you go to put things together it takes longer to glue a bunch of loose tenons than a groove. And both methods require something like pocket screws to hold things together during glue-up.

Sorry for the rant but bottom line here is it's easier/quicker to use dado/rabbet joints for cabinets (or just pocket screws if lightly loaded). I'm still learning.

Mike
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
this is what drives ez.
the new base is going to work with left and right saws.
the ripsizer upgrade is almost done.

ez hijacker? ,
d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
No hacking required. I have a corded 5 1/2" makita on a UEG.

Burt

Thanks guys! My moduni is warped because my saw base is too small to rest on both pieces, so i'm getting getting really inaccurate beveled cuts when using it. pretty much put my ripsizer away and went back to the table saw. very frustrating

can't wait to try out the new base. waiting for next sale on a 54" track setup as well

Sorry, Mike! I'll get back on topic now

-Christopher

Last edited by tofu; 01-14-2013 at 02:59 PM.