The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 12-11-2016, 09:54 PM

My thought was that the EZT2200 was the version with the plastic screw down channels. Was I correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
There are three variations on the original Smart Table.
Two versions go with the extrusions that make up the EZ1, plus the MultiForm Table. The MultiForm Table is the enhanced and improved version of the Smart Table. The original version had plastic screw down channels and the MultiForm has metal channels. Not sure it really matters which version you have. I have both and the plastic original version was great and I am still using it without issue or troubles.
In my opinion I think it is great idea use the EZ 1 in as many ways as possible. Right now I am tinkering around with the EZ1 Smart table -- the EZ1 and the clamping table. I personally think the entire line of EZ1 and attachment can't be beat. Still on all product matters, ask customer service, for accurate up to date information. My photo review will be coming soon as possible.

These are the links to the products.
http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt2200.htm

http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt1100.htm

http://www.eurekazone.com/product_p/ezt2300.htm
Old 12-13-2016, 02:12 AM

Both of those look identical to me, and don't match what is in the video. Part of me is just trying to save money in multiple ways (tools, labor, stress on the body). That 2x panel cutting table, is useful, but can be a pain to get around corners, through doors, etc. I think for now, and to be cheap, I will try something similar to that panel cutting base in the other thread (have some spare wood to try with). This time of year, there are always other expenses that seem to annually pop up and require attention.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:45 AM

The 2200 is the plastic version of the Smart Table -- I assume that this is the one that I've had for years, though it gives no discription. My talbe works great for me!! Money very well spent - and MUCH easier to deal with than sheets of foam. I bought some banquet table legs and attached them to 2'x4'x3/4" plywood. My plan is to use the Kreg Jig to add some 3" wide (or so) lengths of 3/4 plywood to the bottom to make sure it doesn't warp over time - just to be safe.

The 1100 looks to be a version designed to be installed on the EZ-One - so it slides onto the SSME's. Personally, for me, I'd rather have separate Smart Table so that I don't have to remove the bridge and then reinstall it/re-square it every time I want to use my rails.

The 2300 is the metal bottom/plastic top version of the Smart Table. If you're hard on gear maybe this would be more durable??
Old 12-13-2016, 02:56 PM

I sent an email to the technical support contact at EZ. I asked about the EZT2200 and if it is the same parts for the table in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcaUH8uGKg

because it doesn't make any sense to me that it would be, then there be no instructions for it, on its page, or in the instruction section of the site.
The search here, doesn't allow for three letter searches (pdf) and adding an asterisks, brings up only the cabinetmaker pdf. Can you guess where else I can find that one?
I will be surprised if this is what I am hopeful it is.

EDIT: Other then the automated, no reply yet. However on the front page they now have this, but no where on the item's page, so it is an incomplete sentence: "Plastic extrusions ONLY! Use any ez aluminum extrusion..."

Last edited by WatchurFingers; 12-15-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:11 PM

"Almost the same but yours comes is the new. model.
the plastic goes on he aluminum and the wood goes in the plastic.
call if you have any questions or visit the forum"

So the 2200 is the same as the 1100, in that it only has the top plastic. It requires a channel, so using wood lying around it is.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:32 PM

That's the response you got from EZ? Pretty cryptic. Not sure what it means.
Sounds like you have to buy the 2300 which is pretty expensive. If so it's a shame they did away with the more economical all plastic product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchurFingers View Post
"Almost the same but yours comes is the new. model.
the plastic goes on he aluminum and the wood goes in the plastic.
call if you have any questions or visit the forum"

So the 2200 is the same as the 1100, in that it only has the top plastic. It requires a channel, so using wood lying around it is.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:59 AM

Default Journeyman

By the way-- I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Journeyman. EZ did a custom order for me, no track, seven stop kit, and a couple of bench clamps.
I've been using the raised top kit with banquet legs for awhile now and I coulda continued working like that. But many times I wished for more control and flexibility, easier/quicker setup and the great value of repeatability. So I've already visualized the benefits, it seemed the way to go.
It's scheduled to arrive this weekend, I'll let you know what I think.

-Jack
Old 04-20-2017, 07:14 PM

Jack,

Congratulations on your fine purchase. I hope it goes together perfectly for you. Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Ken
Old 04-20-2017, 09:03 PM

I'm also looking forward to your review!