The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > EZ Forums Archive > EZ Tools

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:51 AM

Default Is there an alternate strip material I can use for rails? - Paul Comi

I've switched circular saws a few times and now my zci (EAC-1 - Ed.) strip in my long rail is toast. I could use the setup today for something. Is there another material I could slide into the jig that others have tried successfully?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:52 AM

Default Randal Stevenson

In a pinch, Dino has in the past, recommended rebuilding the strips with blue tape (wide then you trim).

Something I haven't tried, but I thought about the other day, I was replacing door weatherstripping. I wondered if I could use it in a pinch?

But alas, there hasn't been any shop time for me in a while, and it doesn't look good for this year (working way more).
Old 08-21-2009, 09:53 AM

Default Paul Comi

I've been building a new dual router table setup and I had to cut down a sheet of plywood. Given the option of using my table saw and my EZ, I had to find something to use in a pinch. What worked out great was some 1/4" luan plywood. Took a couple swipes with a block plane to fit into the slot but fit in snugly and now I've got that nice zero clearance alignment.

I've destroyed several plastic insert strips with my EZ so far so this is going to work out great for me as an alternative.
Closed Thread