The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 06-24-2011, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
Something I watched as a kid (tv show Connections), had a resurgence a few years back. One of the concepts was idea's aren't generally new. They are stolen and tried in new ways. Change occurs when things are brought together that were never brought together before, then 1+1=3. You might enjoy it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hrSRn_RYGA
Looks very interesting to tired to view this kinda thing right now but will check it out again Randal looks a little heavy for me there are 7 to watch. What you say maybe true but at my age to see ne things is really cool to me its true all I did was work and sleep most of my life away and mist a lot of things I'm sure but at the time knew nothing better and thought this was what I was to do in life call me crazy.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:28 PM

Default portable pbb

Hey all here are some shots of my portable pbb that is constantly getting better. The legs now fold up and stay attached. A t nut into the 8020 frame holds the brace securely. With the big sale I bought some sme to build a open table top similiar to the ez one. The 2 middle sme are adjustable similiar to the ones on the ez one with aluminum straps and wing nuts on the bottom of the 8020 frame. I have a little more work to do with the legs and making stops and fences for the new set up.I also plan on building a out table like burt did with his portable pbb. thanks! John to answer the question on how the legs fold loosen the t nut on the brace and the legs are attached with strap hinges one set spaced off the frame with a block of wood. click on the last two pictures in the attachments and it will blow them up so ou cansee better.
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5139 (600 x 450).jpg
Views:	746
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	3578   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5134 (600 x 450).jpg
Views:	669
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	3579   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5135 (600 x 450).jpg
Views:	668
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	3580   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5133 (600 x 450).jpg
Views:	777
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	3581  

Last edited by toollovingschultz; 08-06-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 PM

Looks good can't see how you make the legs connect and fold but it looks good.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Default Simple PBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Hi Guys.
This thread can be dedicated to low priced PBB's
Here is one fully functional and easy to build using your ez tracks.
This one was build in 30 minutes using old and used SME's.
The results? The cuts was the same as the latest Super Powerbench,
If you like to save money, this is the way to go.
You don't even need all the SME's shown on this frame.
You can screw the Bridge on one small SME, ( ask for free scraps with the B-300)

The design is very simple and similar to the original PBB.
1. Make a frame/tabletop using 3/4" ply and use 4 corner pieces to square the top.
Use (3-4) 1''x3"s or 1"x4"s as cross members to keep the top flat.
2. Use your own bolts washers and nuts. If you don't have the right hardware, ask for free nuts and bolts.
Don't be afraid to ask for small stuff that you may lose hours on the hardware store.
3. Use the squaring stops to align the top SME to the frame.
4 and 5. Good to have 4 SME's perpendicular to the bridge rail. 48" long.
If you need additional lengths, you can always buy low priced small pieces or we may have some scrap that you can use.
Use any screws to attach the top SME's. In this one I use pan-head type 3/4" long.
Hi Dino,

Just built one simple PBB using B 300 bridge,folding sawhorses and 3/4 birch plywood top. How to avoid cutting into my PBB plywood top when cutting a piece of wood as my blade depth will be set 1/4 more than actual depth of the wood I will be cutting.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caamin View Post
Hi Dino,

Just built one simple PBB using B 300 bridge,folding sawhorses and 3/4 birch plywood top. How to avoid cutting into my PBB plywood top when cutting a piece of wood as my blade depth will be set 1/4 more than actual depth of the wood I will be cutting.

Thanks
make a simple depth indicator.
look at the new ez-one design
tx
Old 09-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Default Cutting circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
make a simple depth indicator.
look at the new ez-one design
tx
Hi Dino,

I saw your video on cutting circles, can you please list the items I need to order to have correct setup for cutting circles, currently I have 54" guide rail on 300 bridge on custom built pbb.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Hi Dino,

I saw your video on cutting circles, can you please list the items I need to order to have correct setup for cutting circles, currently I have 54" guide rail on 300 bridge on custom built pbb.

Thanks
Hi Caamin,
The old srk did have a circle cutting setup and I think there is a plan for one with the ssrk just not ready forsale at this time like many tools that are in flukes right now waiting for the new site to get up and running.
To tell you the truth the best circle cutting jig for your router would be the Jasper circle guide know matter what EZ comes up with I don't think this one can be beat and for what it does the price is not that bad.

Its like how EZ works very simple and you wonder why there are know others like it.

I would like to see this jig incorperated into the ssrk base if posible then we just unscrew the base from the ssrk and make some circles.

I don't mean they should copy jasper's jig but maybe make a base to hold the jasper why not use what others do well.

The same goes for the dowel jigs looks like we have two that look good here on the forum I think there prices are high but if you need dowels go for it.

Last edited by bigjohn1; 09-24-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post
Hi Caamin,
The old srk did have a circle cutting setup and I think there is a plan for one with the ssrk just not ready forsale at this time like many tools that are in flukes right now waiting for the new site to get up and running.
To tell you the truth the best circle cutting jig for your router would be the Jasper circle guide know matter what EZ comes up with I don't think this one can be beat and for what it does the price is not that bad.

Its like how EZ works very simple and you wonder why there are know others like it.

I would like to see this jig incorperated into the ssrk base if posible then we just unscrew the base from the ssrk and make some circles.

I don't mean they should copy jasper's jig but maybe make a base to hold the jasper why not use what others do well.

The same goes for the dowel jigs looks like we have two that look good here on the forum I think there prices are high but if you need dowels go for it.
Thanks John, but I was looking at it from circular saw perspective, I saw a video where Dino used circular saw to cut a circle
Old 09-24-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks John, but I was looking at it from circular saw perspective, I saw a video where Dino used circular saw to cut a circle

Oh yes that was just a demo on what could be done with the EZ-1.