The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 06-16-2016, 08:19 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
Hmm, additional limitations ...

Depth of cut of your saw/blade. I think most of the EZ Ready saws - used on the track - will have a depth of cut just over 1.5 inches, EXCEPT for the Hitachi (nice saw, but dept of cut is just shy of 1.5 inches by maybe 1/64 or 1/32 - easily cuts with a sharp knife). The Makita 5008MGA - with the 8-1/4" blade - has a deeper depth of cut, but I don't know how deep it is. I do wish EurekaZone would publish the on-track and off-track depths of cut for each of the saws they sell - with the stock (as sold) blades.

Some feel that bevel cuts (with the blade tilted) are a weakness of the EZ Smart tracks. They CAN be done, but because of the nature of the typical circular saw the blade will not line up with the anti-chip edge as it does with a non-beveled cut. You'd have to use the "other" groove in the EZ Smart Base. Personally, I don't want to tear up the cross rails doing bevel cuts so I think I'd rather do them with a separate track and clamps - off of the EZ One.

As you look through the posts on this forum you'll quickly see that biggest limitation of the EZ Smart system is ... your imagination. We have people on the forum that should be awarded the EurekaZone Medal of Honor for the crazy cool things they come up with using the EZ Smart components. They are EZ Smart Artists indeed. I tried to come up with a title that gives the acronym EZ Smart ASSes (Artistic, Supportive, S...), but I too struggle with a weak imagination.
Kenk,
On bevel cuts you dont need the edge.
You can use a spacer to set the track.
Or,,,Use the ez track as an edge guide.
with a spacer and the flat insert on the base.
Now you have 1/2" more depth of cut.

tx
d

Last edited by Dino; 06-16-2016 at 10:55 PM. Reason: n
Old 06-17-2016, 02:29 PM

How's a real solution coming along? Like the promised EZ saw or the promised adjustable base.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
How's a real solution coming along? Like the promised EZ saw or the promised adjustable base.
Well, they say the festool tracks work with the bridge even though they're flexy. I sure love my hilti, but a nice integrated solution like the festool saw seems like a stress free route.

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...