The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 PM

Default New Smart table - upgrade to EZ one?

Hi all,

I recently placed an order for a new complete smart table. Dino mentioned the top will now be aluminum and will be very similar to the EZ one.

With that said, can I add a bridge and/or repeater and stops to the smart table to make it more like an EZ one? I already have two of the track kits as well as the UEG so I was hoping to expand functionality in order to make EZ cross cuts as well.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Andrew,

Give Dino a call - 732-259-9984. He is the only one who can answer those questions.

He did show some photos of EZ T Track with plastic similiar to the older PBB to STK. Last I heard he was still debating on top configuration. The latest he has shown used screws to hold the EZ T Track and the PBB to STK plastic.

Taking what he has shown and turning it into a PBB would be a real stretch.

Burt
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post
Hi all,

I recently placed an order for a new complete smart table. Dino mentioned the top will now be aluminum and will be very similar to the EZ one.

With that said, can I add a bridge and/or repeater and stops to the smart table to make it more like an EZ one? I already have two of the track kits as well as the UEG so I was hoping to expand functionality in order to make EZ cross cuts as well.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Why not do it the other way around - get the EZ-One with smart table conversion kit. I do this all the time and really like the setup.

Mike
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Andrew,

Give Dino a call - 732-259-9984. He is the only one who can answer those questions.

He did show some photos of EZ T Track with plastic similiar to the older PBB to STK. Last I heard he was still debating on top configuration. The latest he has shown used screws to hold the EZ T Track and the PBB to STK plastic.

Taking what he has shown and turning it into a PBB would be a real stretch.

Burt
Thanks Burt. I knew it would probably be a stretch, but I figured it would be cool to have the ability to do easy, repeatable crosscuts on the table. I do have a table saw available, but of course I prefer it the EZ way - especially with larger boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
Why not do it the other way around - get the EZ-One with smart table conversion kit. I do this all the time and really like the setup.

Mike
Mike - Thanks for the idea, I wasn't aware there was a smart table conversion kit available. That would be perfect, but not sure I can shell out another 800-900 clams at the moment. The idea of buying the components separately seemed appealing - like the bridge, repeaters, etc.

Last edited by Gorilla83; 01-30-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Like Mike said the PBB to STK (powerbench to smart table kit) works great. For the last couple years, I've been using this kit in various configurations and think it is great. My little Smart table uses the most recent version of this kit along with back to back.

The PBB to STK is $50.

Burt

Last edited by Burt; 01-30-2013 at 05:40 PM.