The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Dino, I like the EZ logo and the looks of the new table.
Bruce
I agree - very cool looking
Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 PM

Default newby

Hi Everyone,
I have been looking into the eurekazone tools for about a year. I finally registered on this forum today. I also spoke with Dino last week about the OCALA sale because Iam getting ready to purchase an EZ-one table. After speaking with him, he mentioned a new version of the bridge coming out, the UEG sale on amazon as well as the grand opening sale after the move to OCALA in the next few months. I have decided to wait until that sale and get the newer items and take advantage of that sale. I did however purchase the UEG on amazon today and look forward to getting it. I have been very impressed with this forum and Dino over the last year. I am in the process of remodeling my first home and in need a good table saw and routing table. This is what attracted me to the EZ-one. One thing I kept thinking is it would be great to see the EZ-one expandable in size to be able to maybe put a longer bridge on it for ripping longer pieces. Iam excited to see this new version of the EZ-one complete.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Many of us find that a combo of the smart table, cabinet maker and Ripsizer or UEG can handle almost anything. When a EZ One gets to big, work becomes more difficult. It is much easier to precisedly position a 10 pound tool than it is to precisely position a 75 pound board.

I've had EZ Ones as long as 9'. They have long since left in favor of the standard 4'(approx) size.

Now, Dino may have a totally new concept in the works that none of us have had a chance to use. Anyway, I've found EZ to be exciting and a great way to do woodworking. I've replaced a shop full of traditional equipment with EZ tools. With EZ you can do more work with less effort.

Burt

Last edited by Burt; 11-27-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM

I can see what you mean by having the table to big. That should be whats great about an expandable table. Hopefully the best of both worlds. Some of my upcoming projects are making window jam extensions, door jams and a custom vanity for the bathroom with metal framing and wood accent panels.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirokid View Post
I can see what you mean by having the table to big. That should be whats great about an expandable table. Hopefully the best of both worlds. Some of my upcoming projects are making window jam extensions, door jams and a custom vanity for the bathroom with metal framing and wood accent panels.
chirokid,
one option I've found for making an extendable table goes along these lines:
pic one shows a custom Power Bench (PBB) that I made using EZ track for all of the sides. Set up for routing in this pic. Bridge assemblies can be mounted on the ends or the sides. This table is sized lengthwise to use the 72" piece of track that comes with the EZ 1, on a bridge.

When I needed to extend the length of the table, I made some slide-in extensions. (Pic 2) Put in the extension; mount the bridge to it; use longer track sections; go to work. When finished, shorten everything to the smaller proportions. The extensions can be any size you'd want. I've made them with 3 sides wood/one side track; I've made them with one side wood/3 sides track (preferred).

One time, I needed to mill some really long pieces, so I stacked a couple of extensions on top of each other, and used a piece of connector extrusion to pull it all secure against the main PBB table. (Pic 3)

Theoretically, I can extend this table however long my track(s) are. Gets a bit unwieldy at really long lengths, and the bridge doesn't want to lift a track that long, but I've done this sort of extension when I've needed some long, stabilized track to run the SSRK on.

Pic 4 is a shot of one situation where the versatility of the slide-in modules really came in handy. Two extensions; opposite ends and sides of the PBB; sweet.

Burt's counsel re. long tables is rock-solid, good wisdom. There have been a few times, tho, when being able to quickly 'grow' my PBB has been beneficial- mainly when I'm venturing far afield from 'normal' projects.

The EZ components are designed to allow you to think outside of most boxes; if you haven't already, get some components and go for it!
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PBB panel-  end routing.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	5056   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBB extension.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	5057   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBB-  extensions x 3-  external support.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	5058   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBB-  60˚ set-up.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	5059  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 PM

Default FrameX

Dino, I came across this table and thought of your EZ-One. Have you seen it before?

http://www.framex.co.uk/

With your EZ-One in this configuration you could use it for smaller applications using very little floorspace by standing it on it's side, and then tip it over for your traditional EZ-One/smart table applications.

With sliding and pivoting support brackets, it would fold up easier and smaller than what I have seen so far. With your nesting extrusions you could make it very height adjustable for sitting height to basketball player height. The pictures my mind sees do not want to come out in to typing, but suffice it to say I see that you could design it to shrink like the Hoberman Sphere toy

http://hoberman.com/fold/Sphere/sphere.htm

where everything comes closer together, but stays the same in relation to each other such that the structure is maintained.

I saw the table in action on DIY Network's (Chris Grundy's) COOL TOOLS show online

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/video/...-30484,00.html

and then looked at the manufacturer's website.
I could fit this EZ-ONE in my Honda with all the EZ tools and track.

Hope that all made some sense.
-Johnny O