The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Default Not such a good deal

I have always been impressed with the value of EZ Tools. Not so much with this.
I got the EZ One and a Table conversion. As the whole Table comes with 10 supports. 10 sliding extrusions and hardware for $60.00 dollars. The conversion comes with 6 supports and hardware for $50.00. For 10.00 more dollars you get a kit that offers way more support and functionality. I could have a full size table that I just set on the EZ One and clamp. It would take less time and provide better support. I sure hope Dino will send me the rest of the kit for $10.00 or I may just return this and make my own.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyoung View Post
I have always been impressed with the value of EZ Tools. Not so much with this.
I got the EZ One and a Table conversion. As the whole Table comes with 10 supports. 10 sliding extrusions and hardware for $60.00 dollars. The conversion comes with 6 supports and hardware for $50.00. For 10.00 more dollars you get a kit that offers way more support and functionality. I could have a full size table that I just set on the EZ One and clamp. It would take less time and provide better support. I sure hope Dino will send me the rest of the kit for $10.00 or I may just return this and make my own.
Tom,

The parts are not interchangable. Over the years I have tried several times to use parts from the regular smart table with the PBB and the sizes are different. The regular srmart table is older.

Prices being that close is the product of Dino reducing prices as much as possible. We're also dealing with new stuff, old stuff, and stuff that is in the process of being discontinued.

I'm not informed enough to give you full details so I am stopping here.

Burt
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Default Ok but

Thanks for the replay. I will take a little blame. I should have done even more research. But there is no way the functionally of the conversion compares to that of the full table. I'll say it once again. I support Eureka, Dino and team. But there is a disconnect in products being sold. (See post in ez one area) The conversion is not a full conversion to what a Smart table is. Had I known and or been aware of this I would have gotten the full table. I am going to talk with Dino and hopefully change it out.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyoung View Post
Thanks for the replay. I will take a little blame. I should have done even more research. But there is no way the functionally of the conversion compares to that of the full table. I'll say it once again. I support Eureka, Dino and team. But there is a disconnect in products being sold. (See post in ez one area) The conversion is not a full conversion to what a Smart table is. Had I known and or been aware of this I would have gotten the full table. I am going to talk with Dino and hopefully change it out.
I prefer the conversion kit over the complete smart table.

Burt
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM

I really like the idea of the conversion kit but at my height - 5' 8" it becomes too tall for me to use it comfortably.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe View Post
I really like the idea of the conversion kit but at my height - 5' 8" it becomes too tall for me to use it comfortably.
You could make the height of the PBB or EZ One shorter. I think Dino uses about 36". I am 6'2" and normally use about 32 or 33" for PBB height. The idea is to make EZ work for you. The height is always adjustable.

Burt
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM

I agree - I have been hesitant to cut them, but It may turn out to be a good compromise.