The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Tmyoung Tmyoung is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 42
Default Not such a good deal

I have always been impressed with the value of EZ Tools. Not so much with this.
I got the EZ One and a Table conversion. As the whole Table comes with 10 supports. 10 sliding extrusions and hardware for $60.00 dollars. The conversion comes with 6 supports and hardware for $50.00. For 10.00 more dollars you get a kit that offers way more support and functionality. I could have a full size table that I just set on the EZ One and clamp. It would take less time and provide better support. I sure hope Dino will send me the rest of the kit for $10.00 or I may just return this and make my own.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Burt Burt is offline
Moderator - Cabinet Making
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyoung View Post
I have always been impressed with the value of EZ Tools. Not so much with this.
I got the EZ One and a Table conversion. As the whole Table comes with 10 supports. 10 sliding extrusions and hardware for $60.00 dollars. The conversion comes with 6 supports and hardware for $50.00. For 10.00 more dollars you get a kit that offers way more support and functionality. I could have a full size table that I just set on the EZ One and clamp. It would take less time and provide better support. I sure hope Dino will send me the rest of the kit for $10.00 or I may just return this and make my own.
Tom,

The parts are not interchangable. Over the years I have tried several times to use parts from the regular smart table with the PBB and the sizes are different. The regular srmart table is older.

Prices being that close is the product of Dino reducing prices as much as possible. We're also dealing with new stuff, old stuff, and stuff that is in the process of being discontinued.

I'm not informed enough to give you full details so I am stopping here.


Burt
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Tmyoung Tmyoung is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 42
Default Ok but

Thanks for the replay. I will take a little blame. I should have done even more research. But there is no way the functionally of the conversion compares to that of the full table. I'll say it once again. I support Eureka, Dino and team. But there is a disconnect in products being sold. (See post in ez one area) The conversion is not a full conversion to what a Smart table is. Had I known and or been aware of this I would have gotten the full table. I am going to talk with Dino and hopefully change it out.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Burt Burt is offline
Moderator - Cabinet Making
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyoung View Post
Thanks for the replay. I will take a little blame. I should have done even more research. But there is no way the functionally of the conversion compares to that of the full table. I'll say it once again. I support Eureka, Dino and team. But there is a disconnect in products being sold. (See post in ez one area) The conversion is not a full conversion to what a Smart table is. Had I known and or been aware of this I would have gotten the full table. I am going to talk with Dino and hopefully change it out.
I prefer the conversion kit over the complete smart table.


Burt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Ivanhoe Ivanhoe is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tulare, CA
Posts: 298
Default

I really like the idea of the conversion kit but at my height - 5' 8" it becomes too tall for me to use it comfortably.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Burt Burt is offline
Moderator - Cabinet Making
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe View Post
I really like the idea of the conversion kit but at my height - 5' 8" it becomes too tall for me to use it comfortably.
You could make the height of the PBB or EZ One shorter. I think Dino uses about 36". I am 6'2" and normally use about 32 or 33" for PBB height. The idea is to make EZ work for you. The height is always adjustable.



Burt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Ivanhoe Ivanhoe is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tulare, CA
Posts: 298
Default

I agree - I have been hesitant to cut them, but It may turn out to be a good compromise.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.