The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 AM

Default EZ-One Assembly Manual is Outstanding.

Dino, Joe & fellow EZ tool users,

I've been lurking on the Track Saw Forum for several months now. The knowledge and experiences members freely share helped me make a purchase decision. I do have the impression that Dino might be slowly pulling out of the business as the Eurekazone business shifts to new owners, which does worry me a bit.

But my purpose in this post is say my EZ-One table arrived in early December about a month after ordering it (I think the bad weather in NJ slowed down things a bit). Using Joe's outstanding manuals I was able unpack, assemble and square my table in about an hour. I do wish I had read the anti-chip manual better, since I managed to trash two inserts and the ends of EAC.

Again, thanks to all!

Forrest
Old 12-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody12 View Post
Dino, Joe & fellow EZ tool users,

I've been lurking on the Track Saw Forum for several months now. The knowledge and experiences members freely share helped me make a purchase decision. I do have the impression that Dino might be slowly pulling out of the business as the Eurekazone business shifts to new owners, which does worry me a bit.

Woody, the other way around...
We secured the future of Eurekazone with much needed help.
Dino is pulling out of management to better serve the customers and company. In the new website my cell is the TECH service number
and I'm moving to FL to help with production and new product development.

But my purpose in this post is say my EZ-One table arrived in early December about a month after ordering it (I think the bad weather in NJ slowed down things a bit). Using Joe's outstanding manuals I was able unpack, assemble and square my table in about an hour. I do wish I had read the anti-chip manual better, since I managed to trash two inserts and the ends of EAC.

Again, thanks to all!

Forrest

Yes, It was bad with the moving of the factory and Sandy.
In few weeks our shipping is going to be super fast and as you saw we're working to treat our customers better.
This is not a job. You never retire from ez.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
All three of those manuals are well-written and clearly illustrated. I think that if the PDF files are available for download on EurekaZone's web site, that it may help sales too. I often base my purchasing decision based on literature that I can download from the manufacturer's web site, and I love getting my hands on owner's manuals, exploded parts diagrams, etc. before making my final decision.

One suggestion that I have is to add a small table or chart showing the maximum and minimum cutting capacities of the EZ-one, such as width, length, depth of cut that can be handled, at least on the standard configuration. I know that custom tables can be ordered.
Having worked as a manufacturer's rep for a number of startup company, I totally agree that posting the (.pdf) manuals on the site can only help increase sales. Two of the mfg's I represented stunted their growth because they focused all their time on continually improving a product. They never developed good installation manuals.
The people that first bought the product were willing to "roll up their sleeves" and make the product work in the field, however, in order to get more of the general public to buy their products, they had to settle on a design, slow down the introduction of new products and "sell what they had". One part of selling a product is making it easy for your customer to put it together. Engineers and/or developers tend to forget that step! :-) Great work on the manuals....
Old 01-25-2013, 07:09 PM

Ok guys, I am brand new to EZ One benches so be gentle! lol

I received my EZ-One bench yesterday. Set up had a few issues but that was mostly due to new parts being supplied with the table that were different than were shown in the installation instructions. I was able to figure most of that out by trial and error and am ready to go. the only thing that is slowing me up is this statement in the instructions "You will cut into the Squaring and Sliding Fences as you make a cut. As long as you use the Blade Depth Guide to register the cut, your cut will not disrupt the integrity of the SSME extrusion"
If I understand this instruction correctly, I am supposed to lower my saw (which is attached to the track) and then run it along the entire length of the track cutting into the aluminum extrution?? THAT sounds a little dangerous to me.

Is that really what I am supposed to do? Do I use a special circular saw blade to accomplish this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.....
Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 PM

Yup Well I started with just cutting the first or second ssme not the full length of the bench.

Don't worry cuts aluminum like butter and its only about an 8th of an inch or so first layer of the ssme.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Sorry to be redundant Big John, but It's ok just to use a standard circular saw blade to make the cut?

thanks.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 PM

Yes it is aluminum and soft so there is no problem just take it slow the first time and if you move your ssme's at anytime line them back up with your cut line.

Last edited by bigjohn1; 01-26-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post
Yes it is aluminum is soft so there is no problem just take it slow the first time and if you move your ssme's at anytime line them back up with you cut line.
Thanks, John. It worked like a charm! Thanks for the help!!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 AM

Default What happened to the machined centerpiece shown in the videos?

Hello
I've been a member for awhile and a just took delivery of n EZ-one.
Good thing I read this post since I had the same question.

But I am confused.

I've been luking and watching Dino's videos and my EZ-one is diferent from the one in the videos. How come? There used to be a mechined center track before and more substantial plastic with the end rail parts. Was there a design change that I missed reading about?

Oh..and one of the anti-chip edg was also has a chiped end. Making me wonder if someone was in hurry when putting my order together.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:20 AM

Joe - I'm so glad I found these instructions which have helped with my assembly tremendously. My recently purchased ez one included what seems to be an older version of the manual - and 3 copies of it, haha. Thanks for your help in clarifying.