The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Clamping Systems

Old 01-24-2017, 02:21 PM

Default My EZ DIY Clamping Table

I was really excited when EZ released their new T-tracks. I'd been wanting to build a new clamping table and was leaning heavily toward Kreg but wasn't happy about happy about having yet another separate system and components to collect. EZ's table is very nice but knew I could make something bigger (and less expensive).

I ordered 16' of the new double track and a clamp package. The first package arrived damaged and I had to refuse it but the replacement package arrived in great shape.

I had resolved to build my table based on the 4' length track but I lucked into a torsion box table from my cousin he found in an old barn he bought (I'm trying to talk him out of two others). So, I naturally changed my plan accordingly.

I still need to finish the drawers below and get more track to complete the top but at least I have a table now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170124_120207496_HDR.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	7026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161208_122222340_HDR.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	7027  
Old 01-24-2017, 04:09 PM

Very nice! I've been planning to so similar. I was thinking more along the line of the EurekaZone table, but with raised double-track instead of the guide rails.

I'd worry about having the track on the near edge irritating me.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:58 AM

Thanks! The double track was the only way to go for me. The tracks are set flush with the table top so they don't get in the way.

I have some Kreg clamp blocks that fit somewhat in the t-track channel. Not sure how they'll work out but I'll devise some kind of stop setup using the t-track channel and keep the EZ track channel free for clamps.

Like most of the tables and jigs I make, it's a work in progress and will change with my needs.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 AM

Thats pretty dang cool. Nice work.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:24 PM

Thanks for posting! Nice to see a good application of the new t tracks.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:25 AM

Is this still an active forum? Looks like 99% of the posts are old.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:50 AM

I was going to wait a few weeks before replying to your post, but I decided not to ... (ha ha ha)

This forum is still alive and well. It ebbs and flows. If the current topic is of interest to a lot of people then we'll see a lot of activity. We also tend to see a lot of activity when Eurekazone rolls out a new or improved product - and that happens fairly often.

This forum also acts as a direct link from users to the company that makes the products. Its worked well so far from what I've seen.

One thing I can guarantee after following this forum for several years ... if someone needs help or posts a question they will get an almost immediate response from other very experienced users. More amazingly, there is a good chance that they'll hear directly from Dino - the inventor of most of this amazing EZ stuff!!

It has been a bit slow lately. My theory is that a lot of users are garage woodworkers, and the cold temperatures are limiting their saw dust time ... for now. That's the situation for me.

Last edited by kenk; 01-26-2017 at 09:55 AM.