The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 AM

Default Centipede Sawhorse Update

Hi all! Just wanted to check in with an update on the thread started by Josh S. back in June. (http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=3126)

First off: Pre-production process has begun! The chosen factory has been contracted, funds transferred and the various production tooling and fixtures are currently being made. We should have our pre-production units for inspection and approval within the next few weeks. If all goes well, the first production run will be completed in December - ahead of the anticipated schedule.

Secondly: We had to order more Centipede Sawhorses to start production than we got orders for during our crowdfunding campaign over the summer. To help us get pre-orders for the remaining sawhorses, we started a Kickstarter campaign. IF you are interested, this campaign is currently open for orders right now.

Finally: As a part of our strategy to keep the whole process of turning this concept into a retail ready product, we've decided to up our game on our donations to Habitat for Humanity. Our goal is to donate 301 Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kits to HfH in order to become an iron level sponsor of their upcoming Home Builders Blitz event. However, we're still not in a position to make such a large donation.
In order to avoid a perception of an unacheivable goal, we decided against making this an all-or-nothing effort. Instead, we will be donating 1 Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kit for every 5 we get orders for through out "Support Habitat for Humanity" rewards during the campaign. These units will be donated to HfH regardless of whether or not we reach the 301 necessary to become official sponsors, so everyone can be confident that their support will be going to a good cause.

You can stay up to date on our progress at our launch news page on our web site.

Questions? Comments? Any thoughts at all?

Thanks for your time and interest in reading this thread!
Old 11-22-2016, 03:18 PM

Been away for awhile. I bought one of these supports through Lowe's and love it.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:53 PM

Thumbs down

I know some balk at reviving old threads but this is a short one. I recently purchased a Centipede K200, the 4'x8' version.

I'd had it with brittle plastic, flimsy aluminum, heavy steel, and bulky wood. So, I took a chance and am glad. This thing has met all my expectations.

First two jobs were a built-in and some soffit and gable repair. Here's my thoughts:

1. It replaced 4 regular sawhorses because I can use one end for cutting and the other for anything else.
2. It weighs less than 15 lbs., sets up/tears down in seconds and takes up less than a square foot of floor space when stored.
3. It won't tip over when I slide a large or heavy piece across it and uneven ground isn't any more of a problem than before.
5. When cutting sheets, it supports the piece in every direction but also stays clear of the blade.

In short, it's a little more functional than a set of sawhorses, and faster and easier.

I still think the best idea I've seen was the benchmark portable workbench, too bad the business failed, but this thing is very good and much more affordable, maybe even enough to justify an EZ1 Journeyman in the near future.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:03 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the review. I will certainly give the centipede a second look.

Tags
centipede sawhorse, new product, sawhorse, work support