The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 04-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Master Carpenter

Lightbulb simplicity always wins. the ez way.

long video with many details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPcwz_IUN0Y
enjoy.

yes, I need a haircut.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:37 PM

Default I love it. And a suggestion...

It seems to me the sliding squaring fence could be further improved by taking the wider plastic side brackets idea to the center slider.

If the center slider extended a few inches under the SMEs on each side, it would make it much harder for them to get out of line with each other. In fact, maybe just using the amount of extra material in the new side sliders, but across the center extrusion, would do as much to keep the system true as having it in the new side sliders, and would be more effective in keeping the two sides in alignment across the central saw beam. I bet you've already thought of this.

I'm loving this system more and more, getting excited again because the rest of my order should arrive next week, so I've been watching and re-watching a lot of videos. There's a lot to be learned in those videos, more than I got the first time through. My new 5104 is waiting for its base, and my old radial arm and table saws are on their way out of the garage this weekend! It's going to be great having more useful space there (meanwhile my EZ-one is set up on the driveway, under a stretched tarp). I removed my not-needed-now cable drive so I could get the two sliding bolts back so I could install the leg braces. Wow, does that make the EZ-one feel more substantial!

Great work, Dino!
(by the way, I haven't been able to figure out what "ycf" in your signature means--Your Carpenter Friend??)
Dave
p.s. dratted system timeout ate my reply again! I keep forgetting to compose it elsewhere.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Master Carpenter

dave, after I was done with the sides I was going to work on the center bracket.
yes, that is next. the idea is to get the 99% to 100% and eliminate the brace. so far so good.
after we get the minor details out of the way we will include a digital fence
and even more stuff.

if we start with burt's stuff...goog luck to all of us.

thanks and the ycf is just that .

Last edited by Dino; 04-23-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Dino,

How many times have we come back to the "Simple Solution"?

There is just so much that we can do with the EZ System.

I'm with you on the smaller EZ One. Much to the dismay of our Big John....s on the forum, bigger isn't always better. Most of us only need the larger size on occasions. Since I'm not doing as many kitchens, I am considering reducing the size of my EZ One. I currently have 43" SME to the right of the rail on my EZ One. That means that with no add ons, I can cut about 42". Now, I can reduce those SME to about 26" - Still allows me to rip to the center of a 4' piece of ply. Now for those few times I need to rip wider pieces, I can add connector extensions in the SME and easily bring it up to a capacity of 50" plus. Remember those extensions I added to the little PBB? Now if I add them(30") I can support a board up to about 56" from the Cutting Rail. I've also added combo Back to back and connectors extensions on the extension for the little PBB. Now I can measure about 8' from the cut rail.

I have 20" SME going to the left of the blade. Add in the same stuff as on the other side and I have 7 1/2' to the left of the blade and 8' to the right of the blade. Very few professional shops have that kind of capacity.

At Full width. we have about 15 1/2'. Now when we remove the extensions what size do we have to store? 26" right of the cut line x 20" to the left of the cut line equals a 46" wide table to store. Now if that is two large take a few minutes to remove the SME's and it is down to about 28 1/2".

I used this as an example because I have and have shown these items.

Okay, you don't have that. Most of us old timers bought a 100" set to begin with.

These rails are 3/4" thick just like the SME. Lay this on the foam filled rail and it is even with the SME. Make a couple of quick legs with 1x and attach with Smart clamps. Now you have 50" capacity. Substitute one by for the EZ rails and screw or nail the legs in place and go for whatever capacity you want.

Bottom line, the simple design of the EZ one is easy to extend. Adjust the size to what you most frequently need or can comfortably store then extend to what you need.

As for the 'YCF" - Doesn't it mean "Crazy Young F....r"

Added. I like the smaller foot print because it is easier to align items for precise cuts. This is especially helpful when using the SSRK on the EZ One

Enjoy

Burt

Last edited by Burt; 04-23-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Banned

That is one of the beauties of the system. Its adjustability, so if your 5'5" (one relative), or 6'5" (another relative) it can be adjusted to fit. Dino asked in another post, what was wrong with the EZ shoes. Nothing, but what about someone with a disability or injury, for them wheels may be better. The erector and Lego comparison's are good ones, your limited by your parts and your imagination and that is partially brought about by budget.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
That is one of the beauties of the system. Its adjustability, so if your 5'5" (one relative), or 6'5" (another relative) it can be adjusted to fit. Dino asked in another post, what was wrong with the EZ shoes. Nothing, but what about someone with a disability or injury, for them wheels may be better. The erector and Lego comparison's are good ones, your limited by your parts and your imagination and that is partially brought about by budget.
randal, I had wheels on few pbb's. the shoes are easily height adjustable and
you can push the pbb very easy without the wheels.
1/2" solid L shaped UHMW it will last forever.
even me can push the ez-one with 10 saws at the botom with one hand.
wheels can create few other issssues.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:04 PM

All great ideas guys thank you practice and enjoy.

Or like in the music area of youtube Practice N enjoy
Old 04-13-2018, 12:21 PM

Default Missing Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
long video with many details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPcwz_IUN0Y
enjoy.

yes, I need a haircut.
It seems this video link is no longer working, can it be fixed?

Bruce H. (EZ Thief)
EZ One PBB, 27" Ripsizer, Cabinetmaker w/extra repeater, PBB to STK, STK, Dual SSRK w/stops, SRK, 1-72" EZ Track, 2-50" EZ Tracks, 36", 24" EZ Tracks, EZ Miter Square w/Handle, 2 Sets Smart Clamps w/upgrade, Long Smart Clamps, Makita 5008 MGA CS w/dust collector and shield, Hilti WSC 267-E, DIY SPK and a UEG.