The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Package design advice

Old 09-10-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
IMO setting the cut width on the UEG should be as easy and accurate as setting the cut width on a TS.
Why not have the saw attach to the UEG the same way the SME sliding cross bars attach to the ez-one? Smooth gliding action and you could implement a reliable rule or digital caliper since you won't have to measure both sides.

Or maybe instead of moving the saw and dealing with fancy brackets or a new base, have a moveable fence complete with micro adjustment screws?

I'm basing this all on the assumption that those SSME rails on the ez-one actually remain square once you move and slide them

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Old 09-10-2017, 06:47 PM

In my experience the SSME sliding rails only stay sort of square when you've moved them, not square enough to be usable.
On a tool like the UEG the fence has to be pretty darn parallel the blade or it's going to drag. It'd take a pretty sophisticated system to have the Base move and stay exactly parallel the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post
Why not have the saw attach to the UEG the same way the SME sliding cross bars attach to the ez-one? Smooth gliding action and you could implement a reliable rule or digital caliper since you won't have to measure both sides.

Or maybe instead of moving the saw and dealing with fancy brackets or a new base, have a moveable fence complete with micro adjustment screws?

I'm basing this all on the assumption that those SSME rails on the ez-one actually remain square once you move and slide them
Old 09-10-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
In my experience the SSME sliding rails only stay sort of square when you've moved them, not square enough to be usable.

Well there goes that idea.

*Disclaimer: I know what i'm talking about 50% of the time, every time...
Old 11-18-2017, 01:10 AM

I have been using the UG for more than a year and must say that it has made unsafe, inaccurate breaking down of sheet goods a thing of the past. I hated cutting plywood down to to size with a table saw...unsafe and way too heavy.
The UG eliminates all the heavy lifting...unsafe effort to feed 4x8 sheets through table saw...I stand the full sheet of 3/4 ply on edge and walk the full cut safely. It's a no-brainer to use the UG on any sheet goods for me.
Thanks Dino...
Old 11-18-2017, 08:08 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebehr View Post
I have been using the UG for more than a year and must say that it has made unsafe, inaccurate breaking down of sheet goods a thing of the past. I hated cutting plywood down to to size with a table saw...unsafe and way too heavy.
The UG eliminates all the heavy lifting...unsafe effort to feed 4x8 sheets through table saw...I stand the full sheet of 3/4 ply on edge and walk the full cut safely. It's a no-brainer to use the UG on any sheet goods for me.
Thanks Dino...
Hi guys.
I was thinking to start a new product line with all the 'issues solved"
Few managers with no clue in ez and few guys unwilling
to learn the minor details can bring ez to extinction.
No excuses for all the above.
h e fact is that the uEG is the best tool for ripping.
I will make it 100% perfect.
Until is done...please, measure from blade to cut line.

Thanks
dino
Old 11-21-2017, 03:44 PM

Dino, “unwilling guys to learn the minor details”. That may be true statement and I’m one that is certainly willing to learn. Unfortunately I’m a hobbyist with very little time spent on wood worker but like the ideal of a Tack saw and your’s in particular has intrigued me for some time. I have purschase the Cabinet Maker, UEG, EZSmart Rouiding Kit & a piece of track 72”(?) and I just Purchased the Bridge Kit and bought two pieces of SME . I can count on my hand the number of times I used all of above. And in the process to build a Power Bench.

With the above being said about the UEG, I just Cut 4 pieces, 12 ½” off a new piece plywood and ripped in halve 2 - 2x10x12’. I was much happier this time on ripping my plywood after/knowing my blade set-up was wrong, 3 1/16” vs 3”. I filed down the FIN and I believed it fixed my earlier problem I believe I said in some earlier post years ago. Unfortunately upon closer inspection I did have one piece that had a serve in the plywood cut, no worries I was cutting the plywood to make something that wasn’t critical, (i.e. CABINT). But was hopping to use the UEG to create a Paulk Bench/PPB.

I’m hoping the NEW UEG can eliminate some operator error/finesse. Mt thoughts that the outer edge needs to be 2” wider on each end but I’m guessing you tried/experimenting to come up with the ultimate solution.

Also, the reason I set my blade offset to 3 1/16” was from a posting on this forum and was not real sure the measurement should be.

Maybe the new brackets will fix my UEG Problems and the NEW EZ Two will have a good introductory price as the current EZ One you have on sale now.

Thanks for being so involved/passionate in your project and responding on “tracksawforum”.

Mike
Old 11-21-2017, 09:46 PM

I'm sure there are several of us, me included, that would love a chance to pay attention to the details and be involved in such an innovative company.

After successfully launching a couple of non-profits, I learned that it's often easier to teach true believers the necessary skills than to convince a skilled or experienced person to believe in your vision. I also felt more generous toward those I knew really believed in what we were doing.