The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Default U.e.g.

In one of the video's I watched Dino had a splitter or knife to stop the blade from binding. I did not know this was not ready to go out with the UEG at this time.
This is what I did 't want to happen to have to place another order down the road for this part not really a big deal and until the slanted stk table is in production not needed for normal cuts.

So just to let new guys know that there is No splitter included at this time and is not mentioned in the great instruction that are sent out now.

Delivery was very fast when sent out by UPS and as Dino told me the price was also good but not so good in the past when sent to Canada.

Not sure what saw I will put on the base at this time the plunge mastercraft would look to be the best till EZ saw is on the market.

Would like to have a Makita or dewalt plunge saw but don't like the price on those. A cordless would even be better if you can find one that will make multi cuts without a handful of batteries.

Great job EZ package was here fast and packed well also thanks.

Last edited by bigjohn1; 02-06-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post
In one of the video's I watched Dino had a splitter or knife to stop the blade from binding. I did not know this was not ready to go out with the UEG at this time.
This is what I did 't want to happen to have to place another order down the road for this part not really a big deal and until the slanted stk table is in production not needed for normal cuts.

So just to let new guys know that there is No splitter included at this time and is not mentioned in the great instruction that are sent out now.

Delivery was very fast when sent out by UPS and as Dino told me the price was also good but not so good in the past when sent to Canada.

Not sure what saw I will put on the base at this time the plunge mastercraft would look to be the best till EZ saw is on the market.

Would like to have a Makita or dewalt plunge saw but don't like the price on those. A cordless would even be better if you can find one that will make multi cuts without a handful of batteries.

John,

What you are calling the "Splitter" is the same piece Dino is calling the "Fin". He plans to send the tape sticks and fin out at the same time. No additional order required.

Burt
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post

Great post John. When I ordered mine I expected the fin delay. I mounted my 6-1/2" Makita cordless to mine when I got mad that my Hilti would't fit the new SmartBase (your post prompted me to do this). Ends up being a near perfect match. My 18V LiIon Makita may be a little underpowered for hardwoods but could cut quite a bit of ply (plus I have several spare batteries).

Mike
Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM

Oh great to hear Burt, I knew there was a better name for it.
This is a very nice tool I must say I like how it all went together.
This puppy will be a big seller I'm sure and that new t-track
looks like will go a long way in making some cool tools down the road.

Wow I bet there will be many orders to top up lots of work.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
Great post John. When I ordered mine I expected the fin delay. I mounted my 6-1/2" Makita cordless to mine when I got mad that my Hilti would't fit the new SmartBase (your post prompted me to do this). Ends up being a near perfect match. My 18V LiIon Makita may be a little underpowered for hardwoods but could cut quite a bit of ply (plus I have several spare batteries).

Mike
Good to hear that Mike would like to hear from cordless owners
with there saw report on what they can cut with a single charge.
This is not a time to buy a cheap one because they are so bad
that I don't even know why they made them to be sold.

Looks like the Makita, Dewalt, and the Bosch are top dogs in the field
from youtube reports. The Hilti sounds pretty good also but not sure what it costs. We may need to wait a little longer for cordless to improve.

In any case I love this tool out of the box and can't wait to try it out
winter is almost done here now well about half way for sure.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Default RE: cordless owners

BJ- can't speak for the other brands but the Makita is a nice cordless saw. You will want those "extra" battteries - don't want to overheat these babies.
The Makita will do quite a bit on one charge- most extreme us I've put mine to was demoing a kitchen floor in a house with no power. It went through vinyl, luan, and the 3/4 ply subfloor no problem (all three at once I mean). Also light framing (2x6s and 2x12s) but it's not a worm drive. Was maybe switching batteries every 20mins or so if they started to feel a little warm. Demo was more like every 5 minutes. Nice part of lithiums is they are meant to be charged regularly. You probably know all this about lithium batteries already but I have spent too much on replacement batteries when I pushed them past their limit and would not want to see someone else do the same.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM

Thanks have, Good info mark one up for Makita and have heard other's
say good things of the Makita.
At about 100 dollars per battery gets up there price wise.
I also see Craftsman has a 7.25 cordless anyone used this one.
They are using 19.2 volt batteries that are also bought on there own
and not sold with.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by havehammerwilltravel View Post
BJ- can't speak for the other brands but the Makita is a nice cordless saw. You will want those "extra" battteries - don't want to overheat these babies.
The Makita will do quite a bit on one charge- most extreme us I've put mine to was demoing a kitchen floor in a house with no power. It went through vinyl, luan, and the 3/4 ply subfloor no problem (all three at once I mean). Also light framing (2x6s and 2x12s) but it's not a worm drive. Was maybe switching batteries every 20mins or so if they started to feel a little warm. Demo was more like every 5 minutes. Nice part of lithiums is they are meant to be charged regularly. You probably know all this about lithium batteries already but I have spent too much on replacement batteries when I pushed them past their limit and would not want to see someone else do the same.
Model Number?

Burt
Old 02-06-2013, 11:18 PM

Default Model #

The saw is the BSS611 - 6 1/2 blade. No LED like my original. Battery is the 3.0 AH- #BL1830.

Or was that just a gentle reminder that I should have included that info already?
In either case I hope this is what you were looking for.

Last edited by havehammerwilltravel; 02-06-2013 at 11:48 PM.