The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 03-23-2013, 12:28 AM

Thx Burt,You school me every time,which is to me,a good thing. That's what I'm looking for here. Trying to learn all the angles,as I had never even heard of the track systems while I was in the biz,got out in 2007.. Plunge saws were new tech when I got out,and you know ,we're all scared of change. Still think they're cumbersome and dangerous. Old habits hard to break they say.. As far as Hilti making any type of CS,Never heard of until I came here. Was I living in the dark ages?? Maybe so. lol....Trying to get back to the future with you young ,hip,fellers,haha. Sorry,spent my last 12 years in the biz as a general "stuperintendant" ,and in South Florida,True craftsmen are few and far between. Anyway,I'm a sponge,plz continue to school me,as Iv'e obviously been out of the loop too long..I really can appreciate your knowledge and experience,and it helps me better understand and apply common practical knowledge to my current position. And better understand this "foreign" system I'm trying to master. Like someone once said ,"The truly wise man,always has more questions than answers".. Thx again ,Burt,Dik,and Bump....I really,really do appreciate the help.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
So what is the base called thats on the ueg? Even though i have been using ez for four yrs i bought a saw with the base on it and never really followed the threads talking bases and anti chip edges but now i got my eye on a ueg and want to know about bases.
Will it is almost the same base there were some wings added so they screw onto the UEG side rails and has a ac change also a rib or fin to keep cut apart but has not been going out with base just yet.
What I like about this is you can leave it fixed to the UEG or remove and use on the regular track.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:36 AM

The Smartbase works on both the Tracksystem,and UEG...If you have the old Smartbase ,it should work?? but,,,no worries,the UEG comes with the latest Smartbase included. Best $99.00 you'll ever spend. Guaranteed! Yes ,BigJohn,,We include the latest Smartbase with the UEG,along with studded connectors,new mounting hardware,and two each of ac-1 and ac-2..Very versatile tool.The most utilized EZ tool in the shop.

Last edited by Billy Shaw; 03-23-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
So what is the base called thats on the ueg? Even though i have been using ez for four yrs i bought a saw with the base on it and never really followed the threads talking bases and anti chip edges but now i got my eye on a ueg and want to know about bases.
Will,

As I understand it, that is the new Smart Base.

Burt
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Shaw View Post
The Smartbase works on both the Tracksystem,and UEG...If you have the old Smartbase ,it should work?? but,,,no worries,the UEG comes with the latest Smartbase included. Best $99.00 you'll ever spend. Guaranteed! Yes ,BigJohn,,We include the latest Smartbase with the UEG,along with studded connectors,new mounting hardware,and two each of ac-1 and ac-2..Very versatile tool.The most utilized EZ tool in the shop.
Billy,

Dino was going to modify the connectors on the UEG so the connectors could stay in place when the base is used on the EZ track. Did he change his mind?

Burt
Old 03-23-2013, 01:18 AM

Yes Mr. Burt, he has started to experiment with that,but so many other pressing issues have him sidetracked for now..I know his concept,and think it will work,but I, as well as Dino ,am consumed with with other pressing issues here. I will revisit this concept when possible,and will recommend an EZ ,cost effective upgrade once we have a program for the CNC's. In the meantime,we have a large inventory of the standard connectors that must be used or taken as a loss..which is not acceptable,"business-wise",sure everyone understands,R&D and implementation of concept takes a lil time and $. Will work here to make upgrades an affordable option when available. In the meantime,It's only a matter of removing 4 starnuts from connectors to go from UEG,to track..A little overwhelmed with all that's happening now,so plz keep in my ear,and as we get more fine tuned and start to "run low" on current stock of standard connectors,I will work with Dino and machinist to get the new "universal" connectors in production.

thx Burt
Old 03-23-2013, 01:45 PM

so if i buy the ueg and the 8 1/4 makita at the same time will u guys mount the ueg base to the makita for me and will it go from the ueg directly to my ez one
Old 03-23-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
so if i buy the ueg and the 8 1/4 makita at the same time will u guys mount the ueg base to the makita for me and will it go from the ueg directly to my ez one

I believe you got it right Will, Don't see any reason that EZ would not do this and you would have a saw ready to go for any EZ setup.

Dino should get back to you or drop him an email I think you picked a good way to go.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Yes Will,the Makita 5008 8 1/4" comes EZ ready,with dustport,and dustsheild + Smartbase mounted here in the factory. The UEG also comes with a smartbase and all mounting hardware and instructions. If you don't want/need the extra smartbase ,make a note to me on your order and we'll eliminate The extra one,and credit your account for the price of the base,34.95. Although many users like to have the extra base for "dedicated" saws. Such as the 5008 for the repeated rips with the UEG,and say,a smaller cordless model for lighter duty on the EZ one,Miter square,etc.
The EZ ready saw will go from the UEG to the EZ track by simply removing the four starnuts and connectors,no problem. But hopefully sometime in the near future,you won't even have to remove connectors, "which is actually quite simple and quick", as Dino is working on modifying the UEG connectors to go directly from UEG to track. "SSSHHHH" you didn't hear that from me. LOL
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Billy,

Dino was going to modify the connectors on the UEG so the connectors could stay in place when the base is used on the EZ track. Did he change his mind?

Burt
Burt, thanks for the reminder.
Starting Monday, we will remove the standard connectors from ueg,s ready to be shipped and modified.
Good thing that we have Billy to speed up few leftover ideas.

Tx
Billy, now you know who is the Boss here.
The ez guys.

D