The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 05-24-2013, 05:32 PM

Default Initial Review of EZ Experience

Hello,

A while ago I ordered a group buy special consisting of the ez-one, ueg, ssrk, along with a 108" of track and extras. I have not cut anything with it and due to a newborn and working out of town I have it mostly assembled (so please keep that in mind)

Customer Service: 4/5 Dealing with Cassandra as alright in my books. I think as a whole EZ did their best to help me out with my purchase as well as making me happy when they could not accomedate my other needs.

Community: 4/5 I have only had a few questions on here but the forums are an awesome place to find answers. I have spent a couple hours now reading about others projects and questions and I hope to post some of my own work soon.

Shipping: 2.5/5 First off I am a Canadian, just to throw that out there. I would like to compliment EZ on there packing, so far everything seems to be there (I have not assembled everything yet and I cannot wait to get home). Whomever packed those boxes must have been pretty good at Tetris at one point or another. My gripe is that EZ uses UPS to ship their product, and everyone I know hates USA to CAN UPS shipped. As stated above EZ did their best to try to make me happy with the shipping but in the future it would be appriciated if they shipped with someone else (Not Fedex/Ups). A useful calculator I have found for those of you interested can be located here http://www.thefinalcost.com/shipments/calculate/

Product/Assembly: 5/5 I am not done all assembly but putting this together was a joy. Everything is straight, well packaged, and easy to assemble. I put on some music and just had fun. I did not even have to pull out my "persuader". I actually started ticking off items on the honey-do list just to get time to spend with this, I even found some plywood for setup and testing, it's ready to go sitting right there for when I am done.

Overall I am impressed so far and when I am finally done I will be sure to post another review.

Ram
Old 05-24-2013, 06:18 PM

Ram Welcome!
And the day will come because of the newborn that you find that you really don't need as much sleep as you thought. (this comes with each newborn) So enjoy your extra time, in the shop. Sleep is just a bad habit.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramasule View Post
Hello,

A while ago I ordered a group buy special consisting of the ez-one, ueg, ssrk, along with a 108" of track and extras. I have not cut anything with it and due to a newborn and working out of town I have it mostly assembled (so please keep that in mind)

Customer Service: 4/5 Dealing with Cassandra as alright in my books. I think as a whole EZ did their best to help me out with my purchase as well as making me happy when they could not accomedate my other needs.

Community: 4/5 I have only had a few questions on here but the forums are an awesome place to find answers. I have spent a couple hours now reading about others projects and questions and I hope to post some of my own work soon.

Shipping: 2.5/5 First off I am a Canadian, just to throw that out there. I would like to compliment EZ on there packing, so far everything seems to be there (I have not assembled everything yet and I cannot wait to get home). Whomever packed those boxes must have been pretty good at Tetris at one point or another. My gripe is that EZ uses UPS to ship their product, and everyone I know hates USA to CAN UPS shipped. As stated above EZ did their best to try to make me happy with the shipping but in the future it would be appriciated if they shipped with someone else (Not Fedex/Ups). A useful calculator I have found for those of you interested can be located here http://www.thefinalcost.com/shipments/calculate/

Product/Assembly: 5/5 I am not done all assembly but putting this together was a joy. Everything is straight, well packaged, and easy to assemble. I put on some music and just had fun. I did not even have to pull out my "persuader". I actually started ticking off items on the honey-do list just to get time to spend with this, I even found some plywood for setup and testing, it's ready to go sitting right there for when I am done.

Overall I am impressed so far and when I am finally done I will be sure to post another review.

Ram
Welcome Ram nice to see another Canuck on the forum.
They just started with UPS and yes we hate them also
the last order was right on the money what they told me it would cost.
When I buy and stay under 200 at times it will bypass customs
well when the did use USPS witch I did like.
Not sure how UPS will work out we can only pray.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:41 PM

I wish i didnt just read that. I've gotten to the point where I will not order anything from a company that uses couriers for cross border shipping. The charges they make up on top of the shipping costs are outrageous.

Dino please tell us we can still use USPS?
Old 05-25-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw1 View Post
I wish i didnt just read that. I've gotten to the point where I will not order anything from a company that uses couriers for cross border shipping. The charges they make up on top of the shipping costs are outrageous.

Dino please tell us we can still use USPS?
bw1
The last order I did get was perfect know crazy charges
I think Dino put them straight not sure we can only hope.

Tags
canada, ez-one, review, shipping