The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Package design advice

Old 05-19-2017, 08:36 PM

Default The answer we have,

Danext61:
"Sending someone to read the sales pitch, on the EZ web site, is not constructive."

Sending someone to the EZ web site may (and in my case is ) the only answer I have. I have not built a Power Bench. I have never seen some of the power benches but I did not want you to feel ignored as has happened in the past.

The other administrator and I are working on upgrading the forum and adding photo video section is on the wish list of tools (there are only two volunteers -- not company employees -- that administer this forum).
Old 05-20-2017, 12:01 AM

Phillip, thank you. Sometimes, communication on these forums is suffering and its just factual; I would like to publicly apologize to you! It was not fair for you to be at the receiving end of my soap box.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:08 AM

Default No harm done

No problem. I get a bit frustrated in that I have limited abilities (I am 100% disabled). I would like to help some of the new members more than I do. Still I am lacking in experience and general know how. I acknowledge that the forum could be better and serve the needs of the members better. We are trying to make it so. Some of the members are very experienced (Dik is a case in point). Others like myself, are limited in experience and creativity. Hopefully in time we will gain benefit from your experience. I do hope some of the other old timers on this forum will join in, they have so much to share.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 AM

I think this forum is great! There is a mix of inexperienced people (me, for example), experienced people (Dik, for example), and stunningly creative people (Rick, for example). Its a great mix.

I have to admit that all too frequently I struggle to understand the details of the great creative stuff people are doing with their EZ tools. Maybe my brain is growing old with the rest of me. But I appreciate what they do. For a newbie, the level of skill referenced in this forum may be overwhelming. Often people just want to know how to do basic stuff, and may feel embarassed to ask the silly stupid quesitons. I love those quesitons!!!! (because maybe I can help).

I think the flexibility and creativity is one of the real hidden (?) features of EurekaZone products (as Dino is very quick to point out). Their products are well suited to customization. They are modular. I like how Eurekazone's web site points some of that out - which bolts fit extrusions, cross section views of extrusions, ...

Still, as mentioned earlier, I think it is easy for potential customers to be confused by the EurekaZone products - how they work together as a system. A good example is how the Universal Edge Guide (UEG) can be used along with the Cabinetmaker or the EZ One to create panels with very precise and repeatable dimensions.

People also need to see that this is not some goofy stuff that someone just klugged together. This is a company that has been around a long time and will be there for their customers. This is real industrial grade products. Laney Shaughnessy's videos went a long way to helping customers visualize what they could do with this stuff. They were amazing (in my opinion).

Marketing is important. (not targeted at Phil)

Ken K.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:46 AM

Ken, yes, marketing in the whole scheme of things, is important. Now, in my defense, I'm literally a newbie to sheets plywood; Ive always avoided them since I've never was able to achieve a repeatable quality cut, on a large surface. I really felt more comfortable whittling than making cabinets.... so, there is an element of stress. On the EZ System website, there is an option to compare the systems, a small little box. When you click on it, there is no information to compare! N/A There are no dimensions, no parameters to compare. Even the catalog. That's a PDF file that appears to be corrupted when viewed with Fox or Safari. Thats where I'm coming from, with my frustration. As I said earlier, I was not fair with Phillip! Hopefully, out of this, a seamless experience would emerge.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:24 PM

You've just described my EXACT experience with plywood!!

I tried my cheap (what I could afford at the time) table saw with fear. I tried using a hand-held circular saw which ended up not cutting straight and being tossed across the garage floor (temper flared). I ended up limited to using a hand saw or a jig saw. Basically avoided using plywood as much as I could.

Then I discovered the EZ guide rail system and bought my first rails and clamps through a 3rd party provider (can't remember the name, but a typical woodworking suppler). Though I still see myself as a woodworking novice it changed my view of cutting wood completely.

If you have questions please do ask on this forum. People here are great at helping out.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:56 PM

Default A little enlightenment

All of the complaints being voiced have validity. Not without reason have there been difficulties as you mention with the web site. The answer I have had back is the web shop service has not been responsive to the needs of EZ and it appears that EurekaZone is not on the top of their priority list. Tossing more cash at the web masters is not the answer in this case. We had a company that was handling the store, but for reasons unknown to me there were changes made. The changes have not been relevant or even helpful at many times. The other administrator and myself are looking into incorporating some of the needed changes into the forum. A gallery is one change ahead. There seems to be a reluctance to post photos. I have no idea why, but the pics would be a big help in many cases.
The other trouble is the massive paradigm shift from table saw to EZ1. There are reference materials galore on the table saw -- Track saw? Crickets chirping! The confusion that many people have is they can not make a track saw fit into their mindset of what is right and doing things differently. The value of guys like Rick "bumpnstump" is really beyond measure. They find new ways of getting a job completed, correctly, using EZ tools. It will take a bit to round up the resources, but it can be done. To anyone looking to find out what the new way can do , go to the archives and find anything posted by "bumpnstump". Just looking at the photos will tell you volumes of what the potential is.
Another thing to keep in mind -- EurekaZone is a very small company. Big ideas, big future, few warriors to carry out the battle. Still EZ will make it. Great ideas never stay down for long.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:44 PM

Thank you guys!
Old 05-21-2017, 02:19 AM

My two cents: I built my own power bench using the bridge and a 6ft rail. I can crosscut or rip just shy of 50". It's performance is everything I hoped.

Recently, I decided that my next upgrade for it will be to lengthen it be able to rip at least 8ft or maybe more. My goal is to be able to work rough lumber and make tapered cuts for furniture building. I'll also get an 8" circular saw since the saw base robs some depth of cut.

That said, there's also a chance that I'll spring for a Journeyman instead since portability is also an issue for my business at the moment.

As has been mentioned, track saw systems require a different way of thinking. I often get questioned, scoffed at, and even mocked for calling myself a professional carpenter/woodworker and not having a 500 lb. table saw in the center of my shop. When the old school crowd sees my work done in the shop or on site with no table saw, they can't believe it. Yet, when they see how accurate, fast, safe, and inexpensive my system is, they get quiet pretty quickly. It's too bad most of them are only interested in comparing the size of their tools rather than the quality of their work and cost of doing business.

I recently increased the enigma with a centipede sawhorse. I haven't needed traditional sawhorses since.

There are many more experienced guys here than me. All I can say is that Eureka Zone helps me work faster and safer.

I recommend: a Power Bench (PB), Universal Edge Guide (UEG), Super Smart Router Kit (SSRK), and cabinet maker set.

I also built my own clamp table using the new combo tracks. It's great for assembly.

Good luck!
Old 05-21-2017, 11:39 AM

Tracedfar,

A few questions:

How did you fasten the bridge to your Power Bench?

Do you find yourself doing very many miter (angled) cuts with your Power Bench? If yes, how do you set the proper angles?

Is there any chance you could post a picture of your Power Bench??

What size Centepede did you purchase? Do you use it with a dimensional lumber frame or with plywood as a table?

Thanks,

Ken K.