The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 08-27-2017, 07:19 PM

I make my living with my tools. So, each one has to pay for itself, truly make my work more efficient by being fast, safe, reliable, accurate, and repeatable.

I bought the bridge and some SME then built my own PBB. The bridge is the key component. It keeps the track square to the fence and holds material down for cuts. Bevel cuts need a little more attention but it's a minor issue for me. It does everything exactly as advertised and I'm very satisfied.

As for use with other tracks, I can't say but, from what I see, it would be fairly simple. Others on this forum have done it successfully. The issue might be that other tracks aren't as ridgid and would sag which may make it more difficult to move material under the bridge.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:26 PM

I don't have a piece of Festool track here to verify, but looking at pics of it on the web makes me wonder if the following might work:

-get a couple of long pieces of aluminum that are the width and thickness of the guide rail connectors. (Orange aluminum might have them.
https://orangealuminum.com/bar-stock/flat-bars.html ) Might need to do a bit of machining to make them fit. (Tunnel routing?) Make the alum pieces long enough to stick out each end of the Festool track. Attach those sticking-out-alum-pieces to the top HDPE pieces of the fore and aft parts of the EZ bridge. Make sure to fasten the alum. pieces to the track to keep the track from sliding.

Would that work?

I've never seen the Festool track up close, so I don't know if it's too floppy or there are other hinderances. Mainly, I'm just throwing out a random thought.
Rick
Old 08-27-2017, 09:41 PM

If you look at the instructions for the bridge, the last section addresses use with an alternate vendor's track - and the illustration seems to show the Festool/Makita track. Not sure about raising the track with the saw sitting on it - unless it was pretty much at the front pivot - but the Festool track is pretty rigid by itself.

http://www.eurekazone.com/v/vspfiles...t%20v14-01.pdf

When planning my PBB (since went in another direction but may come back), my concept had the bridge fixed to the top, front and back, with a fence held in t-tracks that could be adjusted perpendicular to the fixed track.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PBB Iso.pdf (32.2 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by tomp913; 08-27-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:52 AM

Default Many Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies. Its greatly appreciated when so many are willing to share their experiences about products positive or negative. Now, on to see what the weather holds for us over the next several days here in southwest Louisiana.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 08-28-2017, 06:42 PM

I use the bridge with my Mafell tracks. I works well but you need a one piece track, which I have.

As far as the bevel,

http://www.tracksawforum.com/showthr...=Bridge+offset