The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 10-30-2010, 02:55 PM

Default The Pictures-part 2

Here are more pictures.
I notched out the front and rear rails of the table to make room for the cutting beam. You can see the L-shaped bracket that is part of the Pbb-EZone conversion kit. This has a small connector that goes in the bottom the cutting beam. Also to allow the cutting beam to extend to as much of the table length as possible I notched out the underside of the beam to fit over the front and back SSME. The third picture is a close up of the sliding bracket that I forgot to put in the previous post.

I still have some tweaks to do to the table but it is fully functional. I have already used to size up some door rails and stiles and to cross-cut legs for my son's new bed.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pbb-EZone-front.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	2434   Click image for larger version

Name:	pbb-EZone-back.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2435   Click image for larger version

Name:	sliding bracket.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	2436  
Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM

I am wanting to add the measuring tape kit to my diyEZ-One. How many tape kits should I order?

Joe
Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post
As promised here are the pictures of my DIY PBB converted to a DIY EZ-One. In the first 3 pictures you can see the stops in place from various set ups. I also made sliding modules from scrap pieces of plywood. When I have more time I plan to resize them and make more to fit the openings better. As you can see in the 4th picture I used small screws to allow the panels to slide in the SME. To make room for the sliding bracket I had to turn the cross pieces in the middle of the table 90 degrees. It worked perfectly.

More pictures in the next post.

Joe
4th pic what size screw head is that 1/4"?
Is there a washer on it cant make it out.
I bought some T nuts that fit but if the screw alone fits why not.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

John,

The side slots in the SME are made to hold 1/2" bolt heads.

Burt
Old 12-13-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
John,

The side slots in the SME are made to hold 1/2" bolt heads.

Burt
Thanks Burt, You say 1/2" bolt head so not screws then,
If screws are used and you need 1/2" head what size screw gives a 1/2" head.

Now if bolts are used and you said 1/2" bolt head fit thats great, Are inserts needed when bolts are used I would think so right. I can see a screw by itself would not be to strong.
If I sound like a dork sorry I have never used connections like this.
Another thing when you cut the tonge it looks like one side is cut more the the other to get table level with sme yes no.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post
Thanks Burt, You say 1/2" bolt head so not screws then,
If screws are used and you need 1/2" head what size screw gives a 1/2" head.

I have no idea

Now if bolts are used and you said 1/2" bolt head fit thats great, Are inserts needed when bolts are used I would think so right. I can see a screw by itself would not be to strong.

In general, when bolts are used, nothing but the bolt head goes in the slot.
If I sound like a dork sorry I have never used connections like this.
Another thing when you cut the tonge it looks like one side is cut more the the other to get table level with sme yes no.
Depends. An SME is 3/4" thick. If the plywood you are using is an honest 3/4", then the rabbits will be the same on both sides. If the board is thinner than 3/4", the rabbit in the bottom of the board would be less. The goal is to have the top of the SME exactly even with the top of the sliding module.

Burt
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 PM

Ok Burt thanks will play with it to get it right.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:21 AM

John,
I used what was laying around and accessible. I do not know the exact size of the screws. The washer head is probably 1/2" and the thread is maybe 1/8" diameter and 1/2" long. The screws came from some knockdown furniture that I kept the hardware from. Had to put the screws in slightly off center vertically so they would ride on the bottom of the track and keep the sliding panel where I wanted it. There are pretty strong. There is probably a better way to do it (rabbets, T-nuts with screws like Dino uses, bolts like Burt describes) or you can do it the handyman way and pull something out of the junk drawer. There is probably no wrong way to do it (because if there was I would have found it out )

As Dik always says "Have Fun"

Joe
Old 12-14-2010, 12:45 AM

Joe,

I didn't mean to imply that bolts were appropriate for sliding modules. I was trying to make sure John Knew the correct size.

One of my favorite ways to make the modules is to screw a strip of plastic to the edge of the wood.

One of the things I really enjoy about EZ, is figuring out how to make things work. Dino uses the "T" nuts for this but there are many other things that will work as well. Use your imagination and see what you can come up with. Those screws that you used looked great.

Last edited by Burt; 12-14-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Joe,

I didn't mean to imply that bolts were appropriate for sliding modules. I was trying to make sure John Knew the correct size.

One of my favorite ways to make the modules is to screw a strip of plastic to the edge of the wood.

One of the things I really enjoy about EZ, is figuring out how to make things work. Dino uses the "T" nuts for this but there are many other things that will work as well. Use your imagination and see what you can come up with. Those screws that you used looked great.
Thanks guys and I have watched a lot of videos and pick up more and more all the time.
You two both have good looking setups I was just asking you know how photos and sizes look bigger then they are lol.
Add yes burt I really like the black UHMW strip Idea, I may go that route.
I was just thinking maybe Dino arange a package for me that I can aford in the spring because I just bought a rail package and B-300 and that should cut off about 300 or 400 of the EZ- One will check that with Dino.

Thanks again