The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 04-07-2011, 02:15 AM

Hey guys don't get me wrong I'm as cheap as it can get lol.
But there is just something about this stuff that tells me to buy you won't regret it.

And when there is a system of tools I like to have them all so I'm not missing anything like a coin collection. It can get to be a lot of money spent and trust me I don't have mutch after two wives but also I can't take the money with me can I. So what I do is stay ahead of the bills and so on but buy what I like.

I really don't need all that I bought but happy I have it.
Then I went out looking at the price of wood holly uck fa for the price of a piece of plywood I bought my first car. I think the last time I bought a piece of 8x4 plywood not even top of the line was 20 dollars a sheet 3/4"
Now its like 60 dollars and lets not even talk about hardwood.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:27 AM

Default One stop shop

All I can say is the value is there spend 2500.00 dollars two months rent and you have a hole shop of tools so there is nothng you can't do. Ok a few you cant do you know what they are. I look at it as a buy once type of thing and I'm not even a pro buy any means but if I was I'm sure I would have more then one of each.

I agree you dont need it all to get the job done the starter package is all you really need as for me I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Take care guys as they say on youtube practice and enjoy.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:28 AM

Is the B300 still available by itself? I was looking on the website to price components for a power bench design, but I can't find it listed under the new layout (which is really nice). I think the option to get the bridge by itself really opens the options up for all the great plans folks have posted.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:56 AM

Default Ac1

Yes your right I don't see now also I think it was 240 dollars on its own with two sme 18" piece. It is a great tool. If you are cutting the same material all the time making a bridge should be very simple to do or great.

They are working on a new setup so not sure where things will end up I was just getting used to the last one lol.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post
Mark,
I built a B-300 out of MDF last year (there is a post somewhere that has pictures...maybe in the My Simple PBB thread). I used a drill press and chisels to make the slots but the SRK or SSRK would have been much easier. I also could have used my router table but I never have felt comfortable with dropping a piece onto a spinning bit to make a slot. I bought some aluminum bars online for the arms. I used threaded rod and screws with internal threads (forget the name of those). It went together well and worked well enough but needed tightened frequently. Downside to MDF -- it will eventually split. A few months later I got a real B-300 and it was seeing the construction and how much better it worked that fully sold me on the quality and value of the full line of EZ products. I had thought the B-300 was a bit overpriced but I do not think that now. I had also thought of making an SSRK too but I would rather pay $200 and know that it is done right and works like it should without me having scraps of guide rail laying out that I messed up. I have an SRK that works just great....but I think I still need an SSRK (I am kind of like John....it would be great to have one of everything).

Joe
Central IL
I found your pics pretty impressive BTW. I think I'll just save up, I'm sure I can more than get by with the ripsizer and a 64" w/square. Man why can't I just win the Lotto If I did I'd order the works the next day
Old 04-09-2011, 03:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Bob F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac1647 View Post
Is the B300 still available by itself? I was looking on the website to price components for a power bench design, but I can't find it listed under the new layout (which is really nice). I think the option to get the bridge by itself really opens the options up for all the great plans folks have posted.
Hi,

Yes the B-300 is available as a separate purchase. All that you need to do is look at the "Products" column on the left and click on the "EZ-One" just under EZ Cutting Tables. Next you will click on "Power Bench and Accessories" and the B-300 is right there. I have the B-300 and I really like it, in fact it makes everything so much easier. You will be very happy with it.

Bob F.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:16 AM

Haha, I had the same thought today, "if only I won the lottery, i'd but an ez one first thing."

I'm thinking seriously about the b-300, I think its worth the coin for all the design and testing that went into making the finished product workable (as opposed to making one myself and working the kinks out). Paired with the diy bench I think it rounds out my shop. I'll probably save the dollars and do it right. that's a much better investment than lotto anyway, its just a tax on people who are bad at math...
Old 04-09-2011, 03:25 AM

Hi Guys thanks Bob for finding it under EZ-One Yes I must agree the B300 Is a great tool to add to any bench. You will find all the tools have there own special uses.

I just received a EZ-One yesterday and can't say enough about it. But you don't need it right away even though its hard not having it.

Everything comes in time just put away a little each week and soon your there. All you new EZ guys have fun with what ever you buy.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac1647 View Post
Haha, I had the same thought today, "if only I won the lottery, i'd but an ez one first thing."

I'm thinking seriously about the b-300, I think its worth the coin for all the design and testing that went into making the finished product workable (as opposed to making one myself and working the kinks out). Paired with the diy bench I think it rounds out my shop. I'll probably save the dollars and do it right. that's a much better investment than lotto anyway, its just a tax on people who are bad at math...
That's funny & true. I've heard it referred to as the "hillbilly retirement plan"
Old 04-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondoom88 View Post
That's funny & true. I've heard it referred to as the "hillbilly retirement plan"
LMAO Dang.