The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Woodworking Philosophies

Old 08-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post
Yes I understand what you are saying but its still not that hard to find that info also. I was also knew at one time and you should not buy anything unless you know what your getting and because they are not normal wood working tools you should spend more time to find out what is being talked about should you not. Not saying they could not do better just saying its not that friggin hard to get the info if you really want it and are kean on what it can do you look further. I new site tells you more then the old one did. And also agree there is room for improvement these are not tools you just look at and buy from impulse like a saw or router maybe it will and should take some effort. IMO of coarse you can agree or not tyhat is fine also.
Hey bigjohn1,

Your use of the word "friggin" makes me think I've rubbed you the wrong way. If so I apologize. That was not my intent, especially to someone named BIG JOHN. (Niwashikun translates as "Little Gardener" ) I'll just reply and leave it at this. (Famous last words)

I do agree that these tools change the one's basic understanding of tool usage and will require a little more time for the mental shift. I also agree with the basic sentiment that you seem to be stating which I've seen in other's responses to similar complaints and it runs along the lines of "If it's not hard it's not worth it" or "the difficulty builds character and weeds out those who aren't deserving" etc.
I know you didn't say these things exactly like that, in this case, but I think it's the same category which I call the "old sage admonition". It's often seen in martial arts or spoken of as paying one's dues. I actually agree with them and live my life by those codes. Both my profession and my hobbies require perseverance and dedication and struggle to attain self growth and weed out the herd till you are left with a select few.

However in this case there are three important differences:

1. I'm not a professional or even hobbyist. It's just a tool I want to help me do some home repair projects EZer and more safely. I'm not trying to build character or attain great heights or delve into the details of master craftsmanship. I've seen some of the stuff people on this forum have done and am highly impressed, awed in fact, but I just want to buy a tool.

2. The tools name is EZ. It's meant to make cutting wood (and other things) safer and EZer. Why should it not be EZer to learn about it and buy it.

3. I've seen Dino mention more than once that his goal is for everyone to be working EZer and safer with the EZ system. The idea that one should have to put in their dues or invest the additional time for it to be appropriate or for them to be worthy of buying the tool is a weeding out process not an inclusive process.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that for every person who takes the time to get this far, there are quite a few who don't even bother. It's in everyone's best interest for EZ tools to be EZ to understand and buy. The company gets stronger, the customers have more options and guaranteed longevity, and the non-customers can now get into the EZ system as well.

Anyway, I've gotten some great answers to my EZ questions (can always use more) and also vented a little (and hopefully added something constructive to the discussion).

Again, I apologize if I've seemed combative or pushed your buttons a bit too much. Just for the record, in the hours I've spent reading the forum, I've come across a lot of your posts and feel they usually add a great deal to the topic being discussed.

Thanks,
Niwashikun
Old 08-09-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwashikun View Post
Hey bigjohn1,

Your use of the word "friggin" makes me think I've rubbed you the wrong way. If so I apologize. That was not my intent, especially to someone named BIG JOHN. (Niwashikun translates as "Little Gardener" ) I'll just reply and leave it at this. (Famous last words)

I do agree that these tools change the one's basic understanding of tool usage and will require a little more time for the mental shift. I also agree with the basic sentiment that you seem to be stating which I've seen in other's responses to similar complaints and it runs along the lines of "If it's not hard it's not worth it" or "the difficulty builds character and weeds out those who aren't deserving" etc.
I know you didn't say these things exactly like that, in this case, but I think it's the same category which I call the "old sage admonition". It's often seen in martial arts or spoken of as paying one's dues. I actually agree with them and live my life by those codes. Both my profession and my hobbies require perseverance and dedication and struggle to attain self growth and weed out the herd till you are left with a select few.

However in this case there are three important differences:

1. I'm not a professional or even hobbyist. It's just a tool I want to help me do some home repair projects EZer and more safely. I'm not trying to build character or attain great heights or delve into the details of master craftsmanship. I've seen some of the stuff people on this forum have done and am highly impressed, awed in fact, but I just want to buy a tool.

2. The tools name is EZ. It's meant to make cutting wood (and other things) safer and EZer. Why should it not be EZer to learn about it and buy it.

3. I've seen Dino mention more than once that his goal is for everyone to be working EZer and safer with the EZ system. The idea that one should have to put in their dues or invest the additional time for it to be appropriate or for them to be worthy of buying the tool is a weeding out process not an inclusive process.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that for every person who takes the time to get this far, there are quite a few who don't even bother. It's in everyone's best interest for EZ tools to be EZ to understand and buy. The company gets stronger, the customers have more options and guaranteed longevity, and the non-customers can now get into the EZ system as well.

Anyway, I've gotten some great answers to my EZ questions (can always use more) and also vented a little (and hopefully added something constructive to the discussion).

Again, I apologize if I've seemed combative or pushed your buttons a bit too much. Just for the record, in the hours I've spent reading the forum, I've come across a lot of your posts and feel they usually add a great deal to the topic being discussed.

Thanks,
Niwashikun
Oh know I'm sorry I made you feel that way I just like to joke around and say crazy things at time. We are all here to speak our minds.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post
Oh know I'm sorry I made you feel that way I just like to joke around and say crazy things at time. We are all here to speak our minds.
No need to apologize. It's easy for these posts to be misunderstood so I was just making sure. Everyone has different tolerances for things.

Thanks again,
Niwashikun
Old 08-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwashikun View Post
Just my 2000 cents.

Thanks,
-Niwashikun
good feedback.
we try to make it simpler but the die harts continue to use the old names
...like the ssrk.

we simply have to continue until we get it right.

tx
d
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 PM

Hi Dino,

Nice to "speak" with you for the first time.

I'm glad you took my comments as intended…constructive feedback meant to help with EurekaZone's future…especially since I've just invested over $1k in EZ products!

I really like your ideas and really, really like your philosophy on how to deal with people and do business. It's a refreshing break from the corporate mentality.

Thanks,
Niwashikun