The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Woodworking Philosophies

Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 AM

Joe, Phil

I couldn't agree more. Well said, and pointed to.

Dino your private message box is full again. I know, you keep emptying it and it keep getting filled up.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 PM

Hello guys....

Long time lurker of these forums. just a little background before I submit my name.
I've only been a helper to the many wood projects that my dad has created over the years. And now that I have my own family I feel its time to start my own projects. So, In my quest for good quality tool recommendations I've discovered the EurekaZone name.

I felt the name really fit because after I looked over the entire EZ offering I thought "Eureka is right!.. I didn't know what I was looking for, but I know I've found it!"

A quick google search on Eureka yields this:

Quote:
eu·re·ka/yo͝oˈrēkə/
Exclamation:
A cry of joy or satisfaction when one finds or discovers something.
Keeping in tune with the discover/eureka theme
my submission is

"Discover-ease Tools"

showing Safe, new, and effective ways....with ease!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM

I have no problem with the name used now and don't really care what you call the company as long as I can find out where you are to buy what I like when the time comes.

I think other things could be worked out first you know the things that are complained about over and over again insread of dealing with a name change.
EZ has made it this far in ten years with the name so don't see the big deal in having a name change. I also know that investers always come up with things out of the blue that they think need to be changed.

John...
Old 01-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

If I understand correctly. we are looking for a name that reflects the essence of the EZ products but at the same time is catchy - something with a positive twist that you can't forget and anyone can spell the name. We want people to be able to see the name once, remember it and go home and check the web site.

The new team is familiar with the forum and and are very aware of the input and important part the members of the EZ Forums have played in the growth of EZ. They further realize that no one understands EZ better than the members of this forum. They are asking for input and wondering if there isn't another name that is easier to understand, spell and remember.

If we doin't name it, soimeone will. I suggested the "Mad Greek" but got shot down.. This team knows all about the pitfalls of name changes.

Now, let's see who seriously wants the prize!!!!!!!

Burt

Last edited by Burt; 01-19-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Master Carpenter

tx burt.
imagine going home with the ez0ne and tell my wife that i won it?
Old 01-19-2012, 04:59 PM

Well I can understand why you would want to so let me think of a name.

WonderWorks.
TecShop
EZSystem
Erectokit
Simpleworks
EZ-Works

Three letters also do well like AMC,CAA, and so on

EZT- Easy track

ETS- Easy track system

Ok If I need to just pick one its EZsystems because that is what it is a system of connection that you can make do many things and every tool or connector works in the system. It also fits the 3 letter setup like EZS or EZ-S what ever way you like it. The name works with the old EZ or eurekazone name also.

Last edited by bigjohn1; 01-19-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:12 PM

Eurekazone could perhaps remain the formal name and any other name can be informal; think "Chevrolet" and "Chevy" or "Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University" and "Virginia Tech".

I don't think its helpful in this case to make the company name too descriptive of one product; it's limiting. For instance, if I think "Makita", I think power tools. When Eurekazone is said, I think people should think high quality affordable tool systems for the home, shop and job site - not just tracks. Tracks are products but also components to make other tools.

So if change is be made, I advocate something like Eurekazone Tools or Eurekazone Tool Systems.

Time and money may be better spent on logo recognition.

Michael

Last edited by Adaptive Soul; 01-19-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typo & wording
Old 01-19-2012, 05:17 PM

Default trying to apply it all

OK! I will join in and give my offering. I have watched this forum for awhile and judging by what I see and know, I have to say Dino, and the rest are very creative, artistic, innovative folks. Perhaps, stubborn, or outspoken, but treasures of creativity for certain.

Let me say that this group never seems to accept "no" or "impossible" as an answer. I always seem to hear "yes, may need to think a bit" and someone comes up with an answer. This group manipulates tools, technology and medium (wood in most cases) to achieve the desired result. You NEVER seem to let you "can't do that" or "the tools do not do that" get in the way. IF the tool does not work the way you want you remake, alter, or adapt the tool!

So with those observations in mind this is my offering in the name game.
Right Brain Tools
"Where your mind is the only limit."

I am certain I could develop a good logo with the RBT initials and brain or idea icons.

This is a little excerpt from Wikipedia: In contrast, prosodic language functions, such as intonation and accentuation, often are lateralized to the right hemisphere of the brain.[11][12] The processing of visual and audiological stimuli, spatial manipulation, facial perception, and artistic ability seem to be functions of the right hemisphere.

This group sure seems to me to be a "right brained group" and that is good.
Just my ideas on this,
Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn1 View Post
Well I can understand why you would want to so let me think of a name.

WonderWorks.
TecShop
EZSystem
Erectokit
Simpleworks
EZ-Works

Three letters also do well like AMC,CAA, and so on

EZT- Easy track

ETS- Easy track system
Limit one name per user
Old 01-19-2012, 05:24 PM

Default Chevy

[QUOTE=Adaptive Soul;20312]Eurekazone could perhaps remain the formal name and any other name can be informal; think "Chevrolet" and "Chevy"

Funny you should mention the Chevy. I was thinking back when Chevy had introduced the Nova. Great selling car, and lots of sales. Everywhere except Mexico -- even when it was built there. After a little bit of research, GM found the reason. The name! Nova means or is slang for "No Go" in Mexican dialects.

Just a bit of trivia. Not too important, but a good thing to keep in mind, that we need to remember we are selling in more than just the USA and Canada.