The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Power Benches

Old 04-04-2011, 10:08 PM

Default I know this is an older post but

Dik,
I'm really liking this set-up simple but effective. Perfect for what I need. Just got my Sizer and my STK kit. now I need to make this PBB.

Hey Dino,
Any word on that upgradeable B-100 ?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondoom88 View Post
Dik,
I'm really liking this set-up simple but effective. Perfect for what I need. Just got my Sizer and my STK kit. now I need to make this PBB.

Hey Dino,
Any word on that upgradeable B-100 ?
Mark I would go for the b 300 it is really easy to use I love mine and is what i used when I built my pbb.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toollovingschultz View Post
Mark I would go for the b 300 it is really easy to use I love mine and is what i used when I built my pbb.
There is so mutch changes made from the B100 to the B300 I can't see any upgrade just a complete change from B100 to B300 not made the same at all.

Last edited by bigjohn1; 04-05-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 PM

I thought Dino was bringing the B-100 back with improvements and upgradeable. I'm in no rush, I am just getting started.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Yes I heard something back a bit not sure if thats a go or not.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Banned

I am sure it will eventually be back, as he said not everyone needs a B300. (only working with one thickness wood, set jig, etc)

The design changed between the B300 construction (early on), and it has more bracing. With a rail and an (S)SRK it would be easy enough to make one though.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Yes I guess Randal I keep mixing up the b300 and the ssrk. what I ment was there is a big change from the srk to the ssrk tooling not functions.

As for the b100 to b300 I agree the b100 should not be that hard to make.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
I am sure it will eventually be back, as he said not everyone needs a B300. (only working with one thickness wood, set jig, etc)

The design changed between the B300 construction (early on), and it has more bracing. With a rail and an (S)SRK it would be easy enough to make one though.
That's me right now I mainly use 3/4" MDF, plywood. So the B-300 doesn't make allot of sense for me. Plus I'm cheap I guess. I have thought of making one of my own and I just might if I get a hold of a SRK. There again I don't know if I can justify the cost of a SSRK.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

At one time, Dino did talk about bringing the B-100 back as an industrial tool and as an entry level tool for the DIY guys.

As Randal said, the B-100 is close to ideal for cutting wood of a set thickness. I have used a spacer to basically accomplish the same thing. A board about 1/16" thicker than the one being cut makes a good spacer.

A B-100 is easy to make - you can use plywood, regular wood, etc. Several of us converted b-100 and b-200's to B-300's. That is a bit more diffficult but can be done.

Burt
Old 04-07-2011, 12:24 AM

Mark,
I built a B-300 out of MDF last year (there is a post somewhere that has pictures...maybe in the My Simple PBB thread). I used a drill press and chisels to make the slots but the SRK or SSRK would have been much easier. I also could have used my router table but I never have felt comfortable with dropping a piece onto a spinning bit to make a slot. I bought some aluminum bars online for the arms. I used threaded rod and screws with internal threads (forget the name of those). It went together well and worked well enough but needed tightened frequently. Downside to MDF -- it will eventually split. A few months later I got a real B-300 and it was seeing the construction and how much better it worked that fully sold me on the quality and value of the full line of EZ products. I had thought the B-300 was a bit overpriced but I do not think that now. I had also thought of making an SSRK too but I would rather pay $200 and know that it is done right and works like it should without me having scraps of guide rail laying out that I messed up. I have an SRK that works just great....but I think I still need an SSRK (I am kind of like John....it would be great to have one of everything).

Joe
Central IL