The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Woodworking Philosophies

Old 10-17-2018, 05:40 PM

Default Silence! Are You Folks Still Using Your EZ Gear??

OK, the silence in this forum is deafening!!

Are you still using your EZ Tracks and related gear in silence?

Did people give up and move on to buying IKEA furniture instead?

Ken
Old 10-17-2018, 05:52 PM

Default Puzzled as well

Dino's last message had an ominous tone to it as far as I can tell. I might be way off base here, but it sounded like he was moving on. Should have asked for clarification.
Anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:47 PM

One of the things I like about the EZ tools is that they will basically work forever so long as I have a supply of replacement anti-chip edges and base inserts, which are needed when changing saw blades (or saws).

With that in mind, several months ago I purchased what I guessed (??) was a lifetime supply of anti-chip edges and base inserts - just to be safe.

I suspect the competitive pressure from all the other track saw options are tough. I suspect that for whatever reason someone that was trusted to run EurekaZone dropped the ball in a serious way. I hope Dino can bring it back. I still like his products, for sure.

Oh, and I wish EZ would start producing high quality videos again. I think they are great advertising for their products and enjoyed by current users.

Ken
Old 10-17-2018, 11:52 PM

I keep using my stuff, it all sort of works in an unrefined way which frustrates me. Been hoping for years now that EZ, since they were a little established, would develop the tools to be more refined. Ya, no luck there.
Seems like at one point EZ had a little momentum but that was years ago. Can't see any momentum now, hard for me to see what would get it going again. Thinkin' they're done.
Sort of bummed. I've a lot of money invested in EZ tools, they work but with no sophistication, there is no joy in using them. Would love to have gone another route and had tools that worked and felt better. But really hard to make another big investment in more tools when it's just a hobby.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:07 AM

I was one of the early EZ adopters. I sold my EZ1 a few years ago and gave much of the rest to my son. I did keep the UEG and square. I picked up a Makita system because it was cordless and an integrated system. Plus my garage was already filled with their tools and batteries.

I like many think EZ needed a dedicated saw years ago. I never had issues with the universal base but may did/do. I know Dino's genius inventions keep me attracted but my thoughts are the saw is the heart of the system.

Wish good luck to Dino!
Old 10-18-2018, 04:08 PM

I sure agree with Mike and the saw. Lack of a dedicated saw is a limiter and a hinderance. Think of all the posts on this forum about saw mounting problems or saw performance problems. Not having a dedicated saw relegated EZ to being an Accessory rather than a System.
An example from yesterday. I was thinking I wanted to build a rolling lumber cart, found one I liked, started reading the instructions. Uses 4 sheets of 3/4" ply all cuts are at 5 degrees. Shows a guy making cuts with his DeWalt tracksaw, super easy, tilt saw, put track edge on cut line and go. For me with my EZ it's get a protractor out to set my saw bevel since the CS bevel indicator is so lousy. For that shallow an angle I can still use a AC-2 but I'll trash it since the saw kerf will be in a different position, same thing with the anti chip edge. I can use it but it'll then be useless for anything else. I can not use the anti chip edge but then it'll be a hassle figuring my cutline and it's a bunch of cuts. All doable? Sure, but a lot more work than an integrated system that was actually designed to work.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:45 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philb View Post
Dino's last message had an ominous tone to it as far as I can tell. I might be way off base here, but it sounded like he was moving on. Should have asked for clarification.
Anyone else have any thoughts?
Hi Phil.
My English maybe?
if it was any there...it wasn't about ez and the future.

thanks again.
d
Old 10-18-2018, 05:56 PM
Master Carpenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean9c View Post
I sure agree with Mike and the saw. Lack of a dedicated saw is a limiter and a hinderance. Think of all the posts on this forum about saw mounting problems or saw performance problems. Not having a dedicated saw relegated EZ to being an Accessory rather than a System.
An example from yesterday. I was thinking I wanted to build a rolling lumber cart, found one I liked, started reading the instructions. Uses 4 sheets of 3/4" ply all cuts are at 5 degrees. Shows a guy making cuts with his DeWalt tracksaw, super easy, tilt saw, put track edge on cut line and go. For me with my EZ it's get a protractor out to set my saw bevel since the CS bevel indicator is so lousy. For that shallow an angle I can still use a AC-2 but I'll trash it since the saw kerf will be in a different position, same thing with the anti chip edge. I can use it but it'll then be useless for anything else. I can not use the anti chip edge but then it'll be a hassle figuring my cutline and it's a bunch of cuts. All doable? Sure, but a lot more work than an integrated system that was actually designed to work.

Sean, Imagine all the other features that you get with EZ
and balance them VS the plunge saws type.
In your case, one test cut will show you the offset and the rest are very easy.
make a spacer ( story stick) for marking and save the edges and inserts for
the 99.9% of your cuts.
If you think that the edges on the plunge saws are perfectly aligned...
I can tell you that is not. Same issue if you need 100% accuracy and
you have to spend more money for new edges and always more money for
blades. The cuts from ez are the cleanest around.
It was tested from FHB Vs others.
Same time you don't need another saw for regular framing cuts.

Yes. A dedicated ez saw with few more features is much better but
if you compare ez vs a dedicated plunge saw system...
you get much more for your money.

enjoy.
dino
Old 10-18-2018, 06:09 PM

Default Glad and hope

Dino: As you maybe able to notice, we need to hear from you in candid open talk, that you are still onboard with EZ. We do not want or need wild promises or wonderful new product designs that may or may not materialize. Just the honest truth, about your company and where you are heading. We need to know you are still here and fighting your fight. We are with you and many here have been here since the early days. Some like me date back to Sawmill Creek. Don't give up on us and we will NOT abandon you.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:49 PM
Master Carpenter

Hi Phil.
Yes. On board and with a second shop in NJ to help EZ in many areas.

As for tooling the shop.....I will go back to EZ 100%.
Save space and do some much needed exercise.
fine tuning and coming up with new ways to use ez.
Some Videos and production methods...like before.

thanks Phil.