The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Router Guide Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,150
Thumbs up Limited production. The original SRK.

Back by popular demand.
The SRK is very nice for many users, even commercial shops.
After all it was the best routing system before the SSRK.

We received enough requests to bring it back.
Price was the #1 reason.

Now that we use CNC's we can make it faster and better.
A simple design due to better accuracy of all parts
and at lower price than before.

I think the lowest price that we sold the srk before was $115?
I dont remember or have the time to look for the lowest selling price but the
new/old srk is going to be better made and priced at $75.00

That includes the aluminum base, aluminum sliding arm
and 3/4' HDPE traveler.
To make the INTRO comeback even better we will include
4 limit stops and a circle maker for the total price of $99.00

The options to buy the srk:
a. the srk for $75.00
b. srk, circle maker and 4 limit stops at $99.00

We need a week to post the new pages at the site.
Thanks.
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Ken Ken is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 403
Default

I still have and use 2 of the original SRK's. One gets used as a story stick on the Power Bench and the other has a fixed base from the Bosh 1617 kit, the plunge base is on the SSRK. Many times it is handier due to the smaller size. I am glad to see that the SRK is making a comeback. Just as high a quality work can be done and at $99 including limit stops and the circle maker there is no excuse for not getting one. I like the price and it is another way to help make woodworking affordable.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2011, 03:08 AM
vincentvega vincentvega is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 76
Default

great i just bought a poorly machined used SRK with no stops for more than the complete kit will cost.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2011, 05:20 AM
Randal Stevenson Randal Stevenson is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Home of Harry Truman.
Posts: 1,224
Default

Consider bringing back the green slick base sometime, since you have the machines.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I still have and use 2 of the original SRK's. One gets used as a story stick on the Power Bench and the other has a fixed base from the Bosh 1617 kit, the plunge base is on the SSRK. Many times it is handier due to the smaller size. I am glad to see that the SRK is making a comeback. Just as high a quality work can be done and at $99 including limit stops and the circle maker there is no excuse for not getting one. I like the price and it is another way to help make woodworking affordable.
Ken,
I still use 2 old srk's for the same reasons and I have no problems.
When we start making the parts we may even make one for less than $50.00
One that needs no base and sliding arm.
Tx, your feedback is always valuable.
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvega View Post
great i just bought a poorly machined used SRK with no stops for more than the complete kit will cost.
V, we upgrade the srk's few times for free.
Let me know and send me some picture.
If you need a replacement part to make it better, send me some pictures
with your next order. shipping cost is more that the tool some times to AU.

tx
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
Consider bringing back the green slick base sometime, since you have the machines.
Randal, That was a slick base but the cost of ordering is almost 6K
( min. Order) the sub base was custom made for us and not something that we can order in 20-100 pieces.
We can invest that money in something else.
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Ken Ken is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
Consider bringing back the green slick base sometime, since you have the machines.
I have one of those old green bases on a SRK. It is very nice but there is an even better solution. The new textured plastic that is being used for most EZ parts is superb. A piece of the 1/4" plastic (the stuff used on the Moduni base) would make a perfect router base.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I have one of those old green bases on a SRK. It is very nice but there is an even better solution. The new textured plastic that is being used for most EZ parts is superb. A piece of the 1/4" plastic (the stuff used on the Moduni base) would make a perfect router base.
agree. same concept and easy to buy plastic.
even better color selection. Ford's favor color,
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM
CarlB CarlB is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 84
Default

That price is excellent; I'm going to have to look into the EZ video series (on Youtube) on the SRK. But I do have a couple questions about the SRK (since it is "before my time" ):

1) What is the difference between the SRK and SSRK? What can the SSRK do that the SRK can't?
2) Can the stops and circle jig that come with the SRK be used with the SSRK (if I decide to upgrade in the future)?

Thanks,

Carl
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.