The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Material Support Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Mike Goetzke Mike Goetzke is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 657
Default Time for an EZ-Saw Horse

Kreg just came out with a $120 saw horse. Looks like an EZ-SSME with a bracket and adjustable legs.

BTW - I have two of the Kreg Mobile Project Centers. I love these plus they work nicely with the EZ-Pyramids. EZ needs to make something similar to these too. You could maybe come up with an attachment for the bridge? Portable EZ-1?

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-04-2018, 01:53 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,252
Default

Seems like a lot of well thought out functions for the price.
https://www.kregtool.com/store/c64/w...3/track-horse/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-04-2018, 07:57 PM
JamesMac JamesMac is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 62
Default

Mike,

Can you adjust the height of the mobile project center like what can be done with the new Kreg Track horse?

I am trying to decide if I should get two mobile project centers or one project center and a track horse.....

There is enough innovation in these to justify retiring my old Black and Decker Workmate 400...

thanks,
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Mike Goetzke Mike Goetzke is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
Mike,

Can you adjust the height of the mobile project center like what can be done with the new Kreg Track horse?

I am trying to decide if I should get two mobile project centers or one project center and a track horse.....

There is enough innovation in these to justify retiring my old Black and Decker Workmate 400...

thanks,
Jim
No, the project center is not adjustable. I like the way they set up so quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-05-2018, 01:18 AM
whitejacket whitejacket is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 533
Default

An EZ Horse is an idea that Dino brought to me last year. I have done some design work for EZ (instructions, EZ Pyramid) and I was able to come up with a more versatile version of a saw horse. It is nice to see (I think) that Kreg used some of the same features I had incorporated in my design. It is my hope that once EZ gets back on track that the EZ Horse will come to fruition. The design has many more functions than the Kreg. It will not be a one-trick pony. Just need to get it made

Joe
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-05-2018, 01:45 AM
Mike Goetzke Mike Goetzke is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post
An EZ Horse is an idea that Dino brought to me last year. I have done some design work for EZ (instructions, EZ Pyramid) and I was able to come up with a more versatile version of a saw horse. It is nice to see (I think) that Kreg used some of the same features I had incorporated in my design. It is my hope that once EZ gets back on track that the EZ Horse will come to fruition. The design has many more functions than the Kreg. It will not be a one-trick pony. Just need to get it made

Joe
Sorry, but, your last sentence says it all.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,127
Default

Hi guys.
over 50 new and fresh ideas are going to be evaluated by the NY University.
including methods,tricks,tools and more.
the goal is to include many more trades to an easier and better ( smarter way)
Framing-drywall-finishing-painting -carpentry and more.
even if I have to go for NFP company this time...I will.

I believe that we do many things wrong and we must find solutions to provide a better job while eliminating most ( if not all issues)
The proposal includes all interior trades and in a day or two many people will fill the gap that we now have in the trades.

for that I will need all the help and if everything goes OK ....
we will see many ways and tools...l'm many trades.
About the saw-horse....leave it for the cowboys.:coo

Thanks for your support.
ycf dino
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-05-2018, 10:54 PM
sean9c sean9c is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,252
Default

Ya, lets have a bunch of new tools and ideas evaluated by 20 year old college students who've likely never used a tool before in their lives. That'll help.
Me thinks all this talk from EZ is code for don't expect anything new in the foreseeable future. Honestly, EZ doesn't even show any interest in making their existing tools work better, not sure why keep expecting something new and exciting. How about a foolproof way to align your saw to the EZ Base when mounting? How about accurate measuring scales for the UEG? How about better anti-chip edges?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Hi guys.
over 50 new and fresh ideas are going to be evaluated by the NY University.
including methods,tricks,tools and more.
the goal is to include many more trades to an easier and better ( smarter way)
Framing-drywall-finishing-painting -carpentry and more.
even if I have to go for NFP company this time...I will.

I believe that we do many things wrong and we must find solutions to provide a better job while eliminating most ( if not all issues)
The proposal includes all interior trades and in a day or two many people will fill the gap that we now have in the trades.

for that I will need all the help and if everything goes OK ....
we will see many ways and tools...l'm many trades.
About the saw-horse....leave it for the cowboys.:coo

Thanks for your support.
ycf dino
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Dino Dino is offline
Master Carpenter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison NJ
Posts: 5,127
Default

Sean, The next move is outside from track saws......more trades.

About the edges, tape and the rest...I don't agree,
the edges stay put when the track is on the wood.
if you have any issue....is not the edges.

the ueg works with the saw in many different ways.
we did have one engraver that he mess up once but is all fixed long ago.
But again...I will stop the printing and tapes. Dino's story stick works better than a CNC without any calibration.

The story stick is 10.000 years old. I think is time for an upgrade.
you can program an entire job with 20 measurements and be perfect all the time.
Imagine using 2-3 tape measures or a fence to do that?

here is time for a trick. ALWAYS use the same tape measure after you make sure the end is 90 degree and the 1/16" movement ( by design) is correct.
On the other hand I will use all the latest from CNC routing tables and 1M beam saws to make the ez-1 even better.
Works with the old one's...now is ready for the new design.
ONE TOOL that you will never need another,
Same foot-print and all the same parts from before except few new ones' that the old and loyal ez customers don't have to buy.


tx
__________________
ycf dino
eurekazone.

Last edited by Dino; 08-07-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.