The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > RipSizer

Old 08-05-2019, 12:50 PM

So if this issue with the partners the reason Dino is talking about tools that don't use a track? I'm guessing he's dancing around some non-compete issue.
As only an observer as to what goes on at EZ it seems like when the partners got involved is when things like that guy Laney and trying to put EZ in woodworking stores happened. It has to be 5 years since all those ideas crashed and burned any that there were any signs of life at EZ. What are they waiting for? If you aren't going to develop tools and market tools and support your users why are you even in business? I guess another question would be why are we hanging around? Why support a company that doesn't support the user? Look at all the great guys that use to be on the forum that are gone. EZ took something that had started to have a little momentum and stopped it dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post
Apparently all of the ideas for using the EZ system have been presented and on here already. <somewhat sarcastic> I hope to get some items from EZ soon that will be used to provide some upgrades to my EZ-One. I will have to post when I have it complete.

The excitement for Eurekazone has most likely declined due to the lack of new product and unfulfilled promises. What seemed like a good idea in getting partners on board has backfired majorly. EZ is a great system with lots of potential and promise but the partners have dropped the ball in a big way. If the partners want to see EZ succeed then they need to invest. If they don't want to invest then they need to sell to someone who can. It would be nice to hear from somebody at some point regarding the future of EZ.

Hopefully some new life can be breathed into Eurekazone. Right now it is pretty sad.

Joe
Old 08-05-2019, 03:10 PM

It sure looks like something killed EZ, Sean.
Dino doesn't pop his head in anymore, either.

It's ironic that the same time I got an email that there was a reply to this thread, I received an email for the Kreg Adaptive Cutting System
Old 08-05-2019, 07:13 PM

That sort of goes the back to the loss of momentum for EZ. At one point they might have had a niche but now the market is pretty crowded. I think the Kreg system, which I've seen but not used, looks well thought out and reasonably priced. It seems a good bet for a lot of those looking. Or the euro tracksaw, like the dreaded Festool, for the huge amount of aftermarket support.
EZ has some good ideas like the B300 and the UEG and, I think, a big liability in the lack of a dedicated saw and the inability to have same line bevel cutting.
This thread started out with me asking what happened to Dino's new idea. Maybe it's still to come and maybe it'll be a new direction for EZ to grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfoster View Post
It sure looks like something killed EZ, Sean.
Dino doesn't pop his head in anymore, either.

It's ironic that the same time I got an email that there was a reply to this thread, I received an email for the Kreg Adaptive Cutting System
Old 08-05-2019, 07:35 PM

When I first found this forum I tried to read around to get a lay of the land.

Back in December there was still a little bit of activity here but the forum was down for a month or two and came back for a little while and went down for shorter times a couple more times.

Each time fewer and fewer people came until Dino doesn't post any more either.

Hopefully, I have enough EZ stuff that will last me the rest of my cutting days so I won't need to start over with a new system
Old 08-07-2019, 10:29 AM

Sean9c,

Do I remember you posting photos of your wooden square corners that you made for your EZOne, or is my dementia setting in?

Jim
Old 08-07-2019, 01:09 PM

I did and even managed to find the post.
http://www.tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=4817

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
Sean9c,

Do I remember you posting photos of your wooden square corners that you made for your EZOne, or is my dementia setting in?

Jim
Old 08-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Great work! thanks