The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Clamping Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Vondoom88 Vondoom88 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nowheresville, IL
Posts: 273
Default Can you order just the 6-way stops??

I have the latest EZ-1 and I really like it a lot. Those 6-way stops are pretty slick & I'd like another set.
On the way to getting the EZ-1 I also purchased a B-100 when they were brought back. So I would like to make a portable mini-EZ power bench/ SSRK center that utilizes the B-100. I'd like to have the 6-way stops but wasn't planning on having the the 2 sliding stops or the micro adjusting stop that comes in the 7 stops kit.
__________________
Mark R.
Northern IL.
SGS 64" W/ Miter square. Ripsizer, SSRK, B-100 & STK 36", 24" tracks & a EZ-One ...... so far + a UEG!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Burt Burt is offline
Moderator - Cabinet Making
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondoom88 View Post
I have the latest EZ-1 and I really like it a lot. Those 6-way stops are pretty slick & I'd like another set.
On the way to getting the EZ-1 I also purchased a B-100 when they were brought back. So I would like to make a portable mini-EZ power bench/ SSRK center that utilizes the B-100. I'd like to have the 6-way stops but wasn't planning on having the the 2 sliding stops or the micro adjusting stop that comes in the 7 stops kit.
Are the 6-way stops and the 7 stops kit, the same thing? I think the name was changed to more accurately describe the stop "set".


Burt
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
whitejacket whitejacket is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 529
Default

The 6 way stops are the small T-shaped (notched stops). The 7 stops kit includes the four 6-way stops, two sliding stops, and the limit stop that come standard with the EZ-1.

Joe
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Burt Burt is offline
Moderator - Cabinet Making
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejacket View Post
The 6 way stops are the small T-shaped (notched stops). The 7 stops kit includes the four 6-way stops, two sliding stops, and the limit stop that come standard with the EZ-1.

Joe
Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure.


Burt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:20 PM
aaronp aaronp is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 48
Default

I'm glad you brought this up. The stops have always been a sore point for me. They have been the only things I've purchased from EZ that left me disappointed. Maybe it's just my set, but the notches cut out of each end of the extrusion seem to have been done freehand— they are ragged, uncentered and missalligned. I can't use more than one at a time, because none of them match. Maybe this is an aberration, or perhaps their production methods have since improved. So is this just me then?



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Burt Burt is offline
Moderator - Cabinet Making
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,682
Default

I personally consider the 7 piece stop set to be really great. I use it all of the time. The set is also great for routing.


Burt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Goblu Goblu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
I personally consider the 7 piece stop set to be really great. I use it all of the time. The set is also great for routing.


Burt
Burt, could you say how you use it for routing? Any other favorite use?
__________________
Katie
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Burt Burt is offline
Moderator - Cabinet Making
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblu View Post
Burt, could you say how you use it for routing? Any other favorite use?
Four of the stops are the same. Set one on each corner of a board and they will hold the board while you route it.

I often use the longer stop as a cross cut fence and use the plastic stop to set the length of the cut.


Burt
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Goblu Goblu is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 472
Default

Thanks, Burt.
__________________
Katie
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Vondoom88 Vondoom88 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nowheresville, IL
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Four of the stops are the same. Set one on each corner of a board and they will hold the board while you route it.

I often use the longer stop as a cross cut fence and use the plastic stop to set the length of the cut.


Burt
As always Burt you make some great points! Maybe I'll just get the 7 stops kit. I had myself convinced I only needed the 4 small ones to capture boards but having the others would be beneficial in the long run. That's what I love about this forum is hearing from guys that use the system daily/almost daily. It really helps hobbyists like myself.
__________________
Mark R.
Northern IL.
SGS 64" W/ Miter square. Ripsizer, SSRK, B-100 & STK 36", 24" tracks & a EZ-One ...... so far + a UEG!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.