The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 09-22-2019, 01:26 PM

Default EZ Ways and Tools

So I posted on Dino's thread and was notified that it had to be moderator approved. Now Dino is thanking people for input with no responses shown on that thread. So my guess is that if you respond to that thread only Dino gets to see them. Ya, not going to bother doing that again. IMO you post to start or be part of a discussion.
Or maybe the moderator just didn't approve my post.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:15 PM

That happened to me the other day, too.

Later, I saw that it was posted

Pretty funky stuff here.

Appreciate Dino's updates but this is a "discussion" forum and we should be able to discuss.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:43 PM

If I remember correctly, the EZ 101 section was meant for Dino to make announcements or discuss things related to EZ (tools, methods, etc). In the past Dik and then Phil managed the forum (when that section was et up) and they must have put in place a setting that prevents posts from appearing from anybody but Dino. It appears as though Dino or whoever is managing the forum needs to correct the settings so that everyone else can post in the section (or at least the EZ Ways and Tools thread).

Joe
Old 09-23-2019, 09:19 AM

Same thing has happened to me a couple of times, most recently when I posted a reply to Dino's message asking for comments on his new concept of marking tapes - I think something very similar is already out there. Look at the FastCap tapes and I think that they have something very close to what I think Dino was describing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3885.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	7487  
Old 09-23-2019, 01:46 PM

When I responded to Dino's thread I also included a pic of the same Fastcap scale.
I'll also say that I have no clue as to why Dino thinks his idea for that scale is an improvement. It has the same graduations as existing scales but discards part of our historical use of fractions. Now we'd say 7/16 on Dino's scale that is 1/4+3. How is that an improvement? It just makes you have to convert from something you know, simple fractions, into something else with no increase in accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp913 View Post
Same thing has happened to me a couple of times, most recently when I posted a reply to Dino's message asking for comments on his new concept of marking tapes - I think something very similar is already out there. Look at the FastCap tapes and I think that they have something very close to what I think Dino was describing.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:41 AM
Master Carpenter

OK and sorry about the setup on the forum.
I will start another thread in woodworking philosophies?

Thx again
d
Old 09-24-2019, 09:50 AM

My invisible reply had a suggestion that closely matched the above tape measure picture (the middle white one) with whole digits, halves, and quarters fully labeled, and 1/8's, and 1/16's only have the odd numbered numerator digits displayed.

Btw, the note I got after submitting the original reply suggested that Dino can somehow approve replays to be displayed. Regardless, I'd rather Dino spend his time rolling out great products than modifying this forum.