The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 01-17-2011, 08:59 AM

Default Dream

Not sure where to put this (or why) .... But thought I would share. I had a weird dream last night about EZ. I (or somebody in my dream) had to rip an abnormal lip off a 2x12. Nobody could figure out how to do it..... But I was able to do it easily with the Ripsizer. I don't even own that one yet... so I thought it was strange to be dreaming about it... and it is always interesting when you can remember your dreams afterwards. I think I also had to do Burt's trick of putting a larger blade (8.5") in my saw in order to accomplish the task...
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Jeff,

The ripsizer is certainly an effective tool. I've been using it for about 6 months and consider it to be a hand held EZ One. I was trying to think of how many designs I have had along the way - it has been several. Some were on rails as long as 64" - some have been as short as 30" - Thick Fences - thin fences - fences on top of the wood - fences along side the wood - back to back in different directions - etc. They have all worked.

The one I have currently uses about a 30" rail and is made for up to a 25" rip. Take that and a cabinet maker and cut anything.

Burt