The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 07-10-2011, 10:51 PM

Default the ez way

I worked on some cedar fascia this last week that had to have the top edge beveled to match the roof and all joints had a 15 degree scarf joint. All the ripping was done with my ripsizer it rips bevels great. and square cuts were accomplished with the ez square.
The soffit was cedar plywood and all joints had to be beveled with a 15 degree scarf jnt per the general contractor the miter square with my saw set on 15 degrees accomplished that nicely. All corners had to be mitered I stepped off the corners by laying one piece over the other and marking it then cutting with a piece of track clamped. wich worked perfect try cutting accross a 12inch board on a 45 with a miter saw it doesn't work. The joints were perfect. All the soffit was ripped to 12 inches wide with the ripsizer that was a lot easier to move the ripsizer over the sheet than the sheet through a table saw. Another job completed faster and easier with the ez system. Who needs a table saw they are some kind of dinosaur I think it might be extinct at least on my truck it is!
Andy
Old 07-10-2011, 11:30 PM

Andy,

Thanks for the tip, I have to rip several 6' pieces at a 45 tomorrow. Know how I'll do it now.

Dik Harrison
Former Consultant to EurekaZone

Blog
YouTube
SketchUp Models
Old 07-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Andy,

It hasn't taken very long for the rip sizer to become a permanent fixture in a lot of shops and job sites. Yesterday, I used my modified ladder, a rip sizer and a new milwaukee saw to make quick work of oak doors and face frame for a pantry. The only complaint was I hadn't taken time to put dust collection on the saw so I made a huge mess in the shop.

Burt
Old 07-10-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dik Harrison View Post
Andy,

Thanks for the tip, I have to rip several 6' pieces at a 45 tomorrow. Know how I'll do it now.
Thanks Dik good luck with your project!
Andy
Old 07-11-2011, 03:42 AM

Default It would be nice if. . . .

It would be really nice if some of you guys would post photos or Your Tube clips of your work. You can explain all day long and some of us (those that have never performed that type of project) would come away with a better understanding of the capabilities and possibilities.

Just a wish. I know the camera isn't always handy but if you can remember - we will learn more that way.

Phil
Old 07-11-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphoto View Post
It would be really nice if some of you guys would post photos or Your Tube clips of your work. You can explain all day long and some of us (those that have never performed that type of project) would come away with a better understanding of the capabilities and possibilities.

Just a wish. I know the camera isn't always handy but if you can remember - we will learn more that way.

Phil
I feel the same at times phil you can talk at me all you want but I need to see even then I maybe thick lol.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphoto View Post

Phil
Phil that job was by the hour and I didn't have time to take pictures sorry.
Andy
Old 07-27-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Andy,

It hasn't taken very long for the rip sizer to become a permanent fixture in a lot of shops and job sites. Yesterday, I used my modified ladder, a rip sizer and a new milwaukee saw to make quick work of oak doors and face frame for a pantry. The only complaint was I hadn't taken time to put dust collection on the saw so I made a huge mess in the shop.

Burt
Burt what is your modified ladder? a support for ripping long stuff? please send a picture so we can see it how it works.
Andy
Old 07-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by toollovingschultz View Post
Burt what is your modified ladder? a support for ripping long stuff? please send a picture so we can see it how it works.
Andy
Andy,

I'll see what I can do about photos.

It is a modification of a ladder to use it for ripping.

Burt
Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 AM

thanks Burt I always like to see how you build things.
Andy