The Track Saw Forum  

Go Back   The Track Saw Forum > The Track Saw Forum > Rant, Rate, Rave & Review

Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 AM

Default Thank you!

I can't say it enough. I had all but given up on woodworking and home remodeling projects. Cancer treatments and surgery left me very mobility challenged. My left arm really only stabilizes me and keeps me from listing starboard.
My wife (otherwise known as "she who must be obeyed") had placed orders for wall shelving and cabinets. Now that I have my new smart table and rip sizer, I was able the cut 4 sheets of plywood. 19" X 48" and 12" x 48" pieces. The entire job, set up to clean up took three hours. I know if I was on the clock it would have to go much faster, but being a senior citizen, I have noticed a strange occurrence -- my clock does not measure energy levels or measure time accurately. So I have to take longer coffee breaks so my clock can catch up to me.

In any event I am elated that I was able to cut the entire list so fast and without even using my table saw. Everything was perfectly square, and to size.

Thanks again!
Phil
Old 07-15-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphoto View Post
I can't say it enough. I had all but given up on woodworking and home remodeling projects. Cancer treatments and surgery left me very mobility challenged. My left arm really only stabilizes me and keeps me from listing starboard.
My wife (otherwise known as "she who must be obeyed") had placed orders for wall shelving and cabinets. Now that I have my new smart table and rip sizer, I was able the cut 4 sheets of plywood. 19" X 48" and 12" x 48" pieces. The entire job, set up to clean up took three hours. I know if I was on the clock it would have to go much faster, but being a senior citizen, I have noticed a strange occurrence -- my clock does not measure energy levels or measure time accurately. So I have to take longer coffee breaks so my clock can catch up to me.

In any event I am elated that I was able to cut the entire list so fast and without even using my table saw. Everything was perfectly square, and to size.

Thanks again!
Phil
Your a funny guy Phil. Glad all is going well for you keep up the good work. John
Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Moderator - Cabinet Making

Phil,

Don Bergren (hope I spelled that last name correctly) is confined to a wheel chair. I remember a few years ago he did a post about he and his father doing woodworking with the EZ system. His father was 80 years old at the time and blind.

Don has always been an inspiration to me.

Burt
Old 07-15-2011, 01:52 PM

Default looking forward

I know this is why I can demonstrate the EZ System of tools. Some years ago when Z Brick was being introduced, they wanted to show how good the product looked but many men balked at tackling a new process, applique` brick.

Z Brick hired demonstrators to go from store to store, holding classes demonstrations, showing off their new system. The idea did not work until they hired all hot looking blond stewardess types in tight jeans and shirts knotted up under the bust line (like the girls in Dirty Dancing). When the home handyman and contractors saw a sweet chick doing their job, well the product took off. "If she can do it -- how hard can it be?" Sometimes slick presentations --aka Vince - Billy Mays type are counter productive to the goals.

My hope being, that we can all tell our friends about EZ System -- as I am sure you do. Any newbies out there reading this, you do not have to be an expert, or a fantastic presenter. Any friend can tell their friends about EZ. I guess that I am an EZ System -- Eurekazone evangelist. I want all my friends to know about this wonderful system of working.

This is the Rant, Rate, Rave & Review section - so please forgive my indulgence.
Phil
Old 07-15-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I know this is why I can demonstrate the EZ System of tools. Some years ago when Z Brick was being introduced, they wanted to show how good the product looked but many men balked at tackling a new process, applique` brick.

Z Brick hired demonstrators to go from store to store, holding classes demonstrations, showing off their new system. The idea did not work until they hired all hot looking blond stewardess types in tight jeans and shirts knotted up under the bust line (like the girls in Dirty Dancing). When the home handyman and contractors saw a sweet chick doing their job, well the product took off. "If she can do it -- how hard can it be?" Sometimes slick presentations --aka Vince - Billy Mays type are counter productive to the goals.

My hope being, that we can all tell our friends about EZ System -- as I am sure you do. Any newbies out there reading this, you do not have to be an expert, or a fantastic presenter. Any friend can tell their friends about EZ. I guess that I am an EZ System -- Eurekazone evangelist. I want all my friends to know about this wonderful system of working.

This is the Rant, Rate, Rave & Review section - so please forgive my indulgence.
Phil
Its ok I felt the same way at first and still love everything they do. You just never know whats comming out next with Dino. As you will find out it's a tough sell out there with the big guys but its getting better every year. The new approach to the system package not just a track system was a good turn in the road and saves a lot of crap talk from both sides.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM

Default New Twist

What kicked the whole thing off for me was not the competing toe to toe with the table saw. I have made a couple of posts where I think that is fruitless. What I am finding is the all around versatility and portability has much interest. It may take a while to catch on, but it will. The contractors in my area all drive big trucks, or vans. The kind of rig that drinks gasoline like my dog eats food. As the price of gas climbs the men are more interested in listening to time and cash saving solutions. It doesn't take many trips back to the table saw from a few miles out, to think -- there has to be a better way. The fewer trips back to that 800 lbs. monstrosity the more money saved.

When one thinks about all the gamut of savings possibilities . . .
  • Gas.
  • Fewer tools to buy.
  • Fewer hands to do the work (labor cost).
  • Time with fewer trips to the shop.
  • Space (job on site or less shop floor space).
  • Safety with (DWC) especially that as we speak the Federal Gov. is revising power tool safety requirements.
  • The cost of money.
All of these are external reasons for customers to seriously consider EZ System Products. I think the future is looking much better, in a variety of ways.

Phil
Old 07-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Master Carpenter

Default new ez slogan.

Quote:
What kicked the whole thing off for me was not the competing toe to toe with the table saw. I have made a couple of posts where I think that is fruitless. What I am finding is the all around versatility and portability has much interest. It may take a while to catch on, but it will. The contractors in my area all drive big trucks, or vans. The kind of rig that drinks gasoline like my dog eats food. As the price of gas climbs the men are more interested in listening to time and cash saving solutions. It doesn't take many trips back to the table saw from a few miles out, to think -- there has to be a better way. The fewer trips back to that 800 lbs. monstrosity the more money saved.

When one thinks about all the gamut of savings possibilities . . .
  • Gas.
  • Fewer tools to buy.
  • Fewer hands to do the work (labor cost).
  • Time with fewer trips to the shop.
  • Space (job on site or less shop floor space).
  • Safety with (DWC) especially that as we speak the Federal Gov. is revising power tool safety requirements.
  • The cost of money.
All of these are external reasons for customers to seriously consider EZ System Products. I think the future is looking much better, in a variety of ways.
Phil

Phil,
The future is good for ez.
Our new name and slogan are coming soon...

The name is a small secret but the official and overdue slogan is:
STUPID IF YOU DONT. ez tm. and this is not a joke.

I use the tools every day and this is how I feel.
Stupid if I dont...